Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: American Beauty Debut Pic heavy

American Beauty Debut Pic heavy

After 7 weeks waiting and an additional 5 days of it sitting in an UPS depot 10 minutes from my house my new AB was delivered. Six members of our turning club showed up to help get it into my basement (another reason for club membership). They had it uncrated by the time I got my iPhone out. Hydraulic table supported the bed while legs were detached and reassembled. Strapped the bed and headstock to a hand truck and guided it down the stairs with ropes as reins holding it back from rolling down the stairs. Got it dirty coring 18" x 8" cherry blank.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Member Illiana Woodturners

Is it ok to say I'm Jealous . Your a lucky man Bob. Congrats on your new toy.

you didn't get the tilt-a-way tailstock?

Congratulations! You will enjoy it. I have never regretted getting mine.

Looks great! You are going to love using it!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Pachlhofer View Post
    you didn't get the tilt-a-way tailstock?
    Nope 6ft bed so just slide it to the end and parked.

Don't look now but i think your garage got hit by an earthquake. That is some fault line

Good luck with your new toy.
    John T.

Bob, welcome to the AB club. I can't believe all of your work to get the AB in your basement shop. You and your club members did a GREAT job on the move. Love all of your shaving from you coring. You broke it in right. What coring system did you us?

Bob - that last picture is classic - My AB loves to be knee deep in shavings. Welcome to the club, you're gonna love that lathe.

What a Beauty...........

Congrats on your new piece of equipment Bob. Enjoy!

enjoy, Bob

American Beauty says it all. Picture 8 is great way to show off your new lathe. Enjoy ,
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

I love the way you BEAUTIFIED your shop.

That is one sweet machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Doerr View Post
    Bob, welcome to the AB club. I can't believe all of your work to get the AB in your basement shop. You and your club members did a GREAT job on the move. Love all of your shaving from you coring. You broke it in right. What coring system did you us?
    Steve, I have th mcNaughton system with standard and large blades. The next to the largest bowl is 14" and it took all of the largest blade and still had about 1" spindle holding it in. A good rap popped it out. It is a 3hp motor with two step pulleys instead of the older model with 3 step pulleys. Bret told me when I toured the plant that the government made the motor manufacturators increase the effiency of them so the motor is bigger and wouldn't fit properly. Something had to go so 1 less step on the 3 hp model. When coring the largest one the belt squealed quite a bit, but the motor kept turning. My Powermatic did that also. Once the belt got broken in and more flexible. It will get a better grip pull better.