Thread: Pretty good deal!

Pretty good deal!

As I stated in an earlier thread I haven't decided which lathe I would like and am leaning towards the new Grizzly 0766 should it ever appear. Having said that I wanted something to play with in the interim. I just got back from picking up what I feel is a pretty sweet deal. The lathe is a vintage Craftsman 101.06241 but is in MINT condition ( I gotta learn to do pics! ) It came all set up on a really nice wood bench with metal encased top. Here is the best part. With it, at a total combined cost of $230.00, comes a Nova G3 chuck with insert, a new Rikon 80-805 8" grinder with very fine tool sharpening wheels, a Oneway Wolverine sharpening jig set ( 4 piece ), brand new, a set of 3 screw dial calipers, and a brand new set of Benjamin's Best chisels, 8 piece. doing some quick math I'm looking at close to $450.00 worth of tools without the lathe. I'm a happy camper now as I can start turning immediately and work my way up to my chosen lathe in the near future with minimal initial investment.

Nice score

Very nice.

Red
    RED

And the nice thing is that with a new insert all the tools will work with a larger lathe (I'm assuming the Craftsman is 1"-8tpi).
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

Quote Originally Posted by Thom Sturgill View Post
    And the nice thing is that with a new insert all the tools will work with a larger lathe (I'm assuming the Craftsman is 1"-8tpi).
    Exactly. No doubt the lathe model is very long in the tooth but it is in like new condition, is a 9" x 30" machine and should handle pretty much any spindle work I do. I just didn't want to wait till I bought "the one" before I did any work.

Sounds like a GREAT deal without the lathe. I hope you said THANKS.