Thread: M18 Fuel 6.5 circular saw mini review.

M18 Fuel 6.5 circular saw mini review.

I just was too curious about this saw. I have the non fuel M18 one for about a year, so I wasn't going to pick this one up. When I was at a local Home Depot, they had one in stock. With my 10% retired military discount it was 181 + tax. Other than a brain fart putting a blade on a left blade saw, I am impressed. I had most of my m18 batteries still packed from a work weekend. So I had a XC 3ah with 1 bar on it to try it out. I got tired of dropping things in the openings on my small moving carts and had a old bookshelf shelf of poplar so made 3 small pieces for the carts about a total of 20 cuts, with ripping and trimming to size. I still had one bar when finished. It never bogged down, it blows the sawdust away from the cut line and has a light to see in low light. other features is a rafter hook for hanging. The only feature I liked better on the non fuel model is the blade wrench hex key storage. The old model has it stored securely in the handle, this one clips to the side, time will tell if it stays put. The do have a 7.25 model that has the blade on the right, I see no reason to believe it would have any trouble. Dan

Dan, how does it cut compared to the reg M!8? I have one of the reg ones and that was the one tool I've been sort of disappointed in out of my whole set. Just seemed like it ate up the battery super fast.... at least compared to my friends cordless dewalt.
    Only one life will soon be past
    Only whats done for Christ will last

Jessie, I have yet to give it a full day workout. I did use a 1 bar m18 XC and made the 20 cuts. I had the same issue on the regular m18. Had to keep 3 batteries in my bag. I only have a few of the 4 amp hour ones. The rest I have are XC 3 amp hour. So I always kept my 2 4 amp hour ones and 1 xc in the bag. As I pick up more bare tools I do not want to by batteries all the time. I love my 2 m12 fuel impacts, more than the old ones and the m18 fuel impact is a beast. So I have high hopes. I got interested in this one after tools of the trade evaluated it. I will be cutting more in the near future and will update this thread. Dan
    Last edited by Dan Rude; 05-26-2015 at 11:12 PM. Reason: clean up and spelling