Thread: Cermark "mud" is no longer--

Cermark "mud" is no longer--

I've now been informed by 2 sources that the thick Cermark "paste" has been reformulated, the reason cited was lack of availability of a certain ingredient. So those buying the 500 and 1000 gram bottles, your next bottle will have the consistency of chocolate milk rather than gooey molasses as it has been.

After my earlier tirade about this, I did some math and was a bit surprised--

The old 1000 gram bottles come a little less than half full, say 2/3 cup, which is 5.3 liquid ounces (by volume). I thin that between 4 and 5 to 1. At 5 to 1 that comes to about 31.8 ounces. From that mix I thin AGAIN 50/50, which results in 63.2 "useable" spray ounces.

The new bottle was not quite 3/4 full, about 1-1/3 cup, or 10.66 ounces. I figured it could be cut 1.5 to 1. That would yield 26.7 ounces of what should be close to the 5 to 1 mix, and cut in half again would be 53.4 ounces useable...

It's less, but not as bad as I thought. Hopefully the new stuff can be thinned at 2 to 1, which would help...
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 05-26-2015 at 3:28 PM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I would liken this to the purpose of a fan.
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01