Thread: Log Furniture

Nice work, what do you use to peel the bark off the logs?

Depending on how much I want to remove, I use a holy galahad carbide disc, a sanding flap wheel disc, I remove a lot of bark with just a knife.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very cool. I bet you don't move them around a lot.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Nice work. I like rustic projects...have done a few myself. I enjoy letting the wood pieces dictate the final form.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Phil

6. Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Stone View Post
    Depending on how much I want to remove, I use a holy galahad carbide disc, a sanding flap wheel disc, I remove a lot of bark with just a knife.

That may just be the coolest tool name I've ever heard. "Stand back, while I unsheathe my Holy Galahad"

And great work! As someone from the Adirondacks, this speaks to me

Very nice. Are the tops red cedar? In any case, how do you keep them from splitting?

John

Yes the tops are eastern red cedar, these are pretty thick tops, I really dont have much trouble with them splitting, if I have an area that is starting to split or that looks like it might in the future I will put in dutchman patches, or bowtie inlays, both work very well. Thanks for all the kind words, good woodworking to you all.