Thread: Trotec SP 3000 Large Format Laser

Trotec SP 3000 Large Format Laser

Something new from Trotec?

Trotec celebrates the world premiere of SP3000 during FESPA Cologne, 18th - 22nd of May 2015.
    The 2,2 x 3,2 m large format laser cutting machine will be presentend on our booth S30 in hall 6 for the first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EU0...em-subs_digest

Very interesting. I wonder what speed they run at since it's a single head? Faster than the speedy I would think? And what power? Covering such a large surface area with one head you would think it would have to be pretty high watts, otherwise it would take forever. Thanks for sharing!
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

I tried to find more information about this new machine but there isn't much available on the Trotec web site yet.

I'll give them a call tomorrow to see if we can get the specs and post what I receive.

Got an email last week about them....look very nice and the specs are attractive but the cost sadly isn't
    You did what !

It's just a cutter, not an engraver.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

It's weird that they'd limit the machine that way, especially since trotecs engraving capabilities are already great, why would you not include them on your large format machine?

It's probably for a target market, like people that cut fabric, etc. for a living. It's probably meant to compete with a Zund flatbed cutter to some degree. Just a completely different market.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.