Thread: Rockler Dust RightŪ 4'' Quick Release alternative

Rockler Dust RightŪ 4'' Quick Release alternative

I use a 1.5 hp collector with upgraded pleated filter. I move the hose from machine to machine. I like the looks of the Rockler quick release, however, the reviews of the handle are not good (sounds like they are poorly made). I tried a Woodcraft product several years ago and it didn't last long (hard plastic, cracked). So my question, does anyone make a quick coupler that stands up to regular use?

p.s. currently I have a fitting that goes from 5" hose to 4" port, it is made of rubber w.ith a hose clamp and it works ok, could be better
    Randy Gazda
    Big Sky Country

Blog Entries
    I have three of their previous models and they have never been an issue for me. Very handy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NOW you tell me...

I used regular HVAC sheet metal fittings -- the parts that go with snaplock ducting. The "quick release" is that the parts plug together, and hold reasonably well just by friction and air pressure.

I have a similar setup with my 1.5 hp DC. I use these from Woodworkers Supply. http://woodworker.com/fazlok-2-12-ma...su-146-351.asp
    They provide a positive engagement and are easy to connect/unconnect.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I use the Dust Right and I've never had any issues.
    Last edited by William A Johnston; 05-29-2015 at 1:17 PM. Reason: mis-spelled word