Thread: Best Source of information for Workshop Organization

Best Source of information for Workshop Organization

What's your best source for Workshop Organization?

It could be anything, like a book you've read, a series of magazine articles, a workshop you've attended, and online class, a YouTube video.....

I've been saving up to buy some software I've had my eye on for a couple of years, and finally came to the realization that I'd get a lot more enjoyment out of a shop that was clean and organized. So I've decided (for the time being) that I'll invest some of that money in improving my shop experience.

Currently I'm moving stuff to another spot in the shop in order to use something, and then shifting it back when I need to use something else. It's getting really old, and I'm overwhelmed... Some days I'm really tempted to pile everything up and have a huge bonfire...
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

I got a lot of good ideas out of Fine Woodworking's "Setting Up Shop" book, and magazine. Also I love other people's shop tours, as I'm always stealing ideas from there. I just finished my last big project in my current shop and am getting to upgrade substantially, so I'll be going through the whole setup/organization process here soon.
    Only one life will soon be past
    Only whats done for Christ will last

Pinterest.

Highland Woodworking has a series on "The 5 S's of Workshop Organization" or some such. It's pretty good, and it's about both organizing a workshop for use, and KEEPING it that way.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

Go to lumberjocks dot com and browse the shop tours section.... of course lots of things can't be shown in pictures but it sure is a quick way to see some larger layout ideas