Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Trespassers Cutting Trees

Bert's case is clear cut ,so cut clear. Never heard of any odd ball variance on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg R Bradley View Post
    And that is exactly why the first line was "The answers get complicated by different laws in each state." and the other two sentences start with "Generally". Most states will be similar with a few different and you may find some that are downright bizarre. Always best to know the law but even better to know your neighbor and deal with it to the satisfaction of both parties.
    Absolutely Greg! I wasn't disagreeing with you, just pointing out how right you were about things being different in each state.

It seems to me like the logic that the insurance company is insuring you and your property and they charged you accordingly. If they were to cover the losses of anything else, then they'd have to come account for all your neighbors stuff, and if they happened to have a much nicer house and car than you, then you'd be paying a lot more for insurance to cover that.

It was based on YOUR property. They cover YOUR property. In fact, they covered to have the 8 feet of the tree and the stump removed, and the yard fixed.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Its a rental and her landlord live 60 miles away. I asked her to mention it to him but that was like 3 months ago and I hardly ever see her. Either shes not home or I'm not home. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Greg R Bradley View Post
    The answers get complicated by different laws in each state. Generally, the owner of the tree is responsible for damage caused by that tree. Generally, you can cut back any limbs that cross into your property as long as you don't kill or seriously damage the tree by doing so.
    If his tree is hanging on your roof, I don't understand how he couldn't have already talked to you about what should be done about it. Don't you talk with your neighbors?
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    0Since were on the tree thing I have a neighbors tree hanging a lot of branches on to my garage/shed . Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do. I would like to have them cut back to his side of the fence. Can I do it or is he responsible to cut them back and keep his trees from damaging my garage/Shed
    Here in the BA, you can cut back anything protruding over your property line. I'm friendly with all my neighbors and we all have large oak trees that have been here longer than us (and will be around when we're gone) and we always discuss prunings and branch encroachment and such ahead of time.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Its a rental and her landlord live 60 miles away. I asked her to mention it to him but that was like 3 months ago and I hardly ever see her. Either shes not home or I'm not home. LOL
    You are probably safe cutting the branches. It is less likely that they would be required to remove them or that you could pay someone to remove them and demand they reimburse you.

You can research laws in Arizona by doing a web search. Sometimes there is info on the websites of your local real estate attorneys.

There is a Boy Scout camp here that is on the edge of a suburban area. There is a tall chain link fence between the camp and houses around the camp. Every fall neighbors cut through the fence and cut down small evergreen trees to use as Christmas trees. I don't know if the Boy Scouts contact the police or not. I can't believe people are so cheap as to cut through a fence and steal a Christmas tree.