Thread: Back skirt detail

Back skirt detail

I'm in the process of a hall table build and I'm thinking of a small amount of stringing/inlay to the front skirt. I'm planning a straight horizontal line just below and above the top and bottom edge chamfer.
    The table will be against a wall. Should this detail carry through to the side skirts...would it need to be in the back skirt?
    Not sure what the normal protocol is. Appreciate any input.
    (I'd post pictures, but the skirts are still just in my head!)
    thanks, Phil

Blog Entries
    Phil, I would do it on all the skirts. The traditional way (not the way I last did it) is to box it out (Federal Style).
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Thanks Shawn, all four sides it is.

Having just had to fake a nice back on a "quick and dirty" cabinet that was going to be up against a wall (but now stands out in the middle of our living room), I've decided to reinforce my commitment to make all pieces "good" on all sides. I used to know that, but somehow forgot. All four sides is a good idea.

Good point, Roger. I guess you never know where a piece might end up in the future. I did end up doing the inlay on all four sides...and it gave me the chance to first get up my confidence before doing the front.