Thread: corner base cabinets and hardware….

corner base cabinets and hardware….

Well I finished the carcass assembly of my two corner cabinets. One will be a lazy susan and one will be, my first attempt, to be a corner drawer pull out. I may get lazy and just make corner slide outs, but I got some time to think about that…

This was my first time making corner’s, I have to say, it was tricky keeping everything square, and frankly, I had to compromise and there are a few corners that are “out of square” so to say. Nothing crazy, but its out if you check it with a square. My compromise was to makes sure the sections around the face frame area was as close to perfect as possible, I’m hoping I got it pretty square, but we’ll see when face frames and doors go on.

Question on lazy susan door hardware, I thought I found a kit, but seemed to not have the link. Is there a kit you can get, or is it just (4) 170 degree hinges and a few hinges where the two door corners meet?

20150602_200221.jpeg20150602_200214.jpeg

blum makes a matching hinge for the edges of the 2 doors - web search for "blum bi-fold hinge" - combine that with a 170 hinge to the cabinet case and you are good to go

West Central Alberta, East of the Rockies - West of the Rest

and maybe these: bi-fold hinge

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Miner View Post
    and maybe these: bi-fold hinge
    I see now......

My current lazy susan has a piano hinge in the middle.......

The lazy susan in my home has the doors attached to it (and one another) so they rotate out of sight when it opens. There are no hinges. It has worked well for 23 years now.

Most corner bases and uppers have a "clipped" back that will allow better fitting into the corners of the wall.
    Not being critical, just sharing some info.
    Will you do hinged in the middle doors, or fixed doors to the susan?
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill White View Post
    Most corner bases and uppers have a "clipped" back that will allow better fitting into the corners of the wall.
    Not being critical, just sharing some info.
    Will you do hinged in the middle doors, or fixed doors to the susan?
    Bill

For now, hinged is how I am going to set both of them up....

Once the kitchen is done, I plan on spending some time in converting one of the lazy susans to a "pull out drawer" system. I wish I had the time to do that now with better access to the inside of the cabinet, however the wife has set some stiff dates for kitchen completion.

Also, I had originally planned to do that, that is clip the backs....not only does this allow to fit better, it allows it to be able to get through a standard door opening...I had to make sure mine would fit through my patio door before I laid them out with full cabinets....

I know this sketch is rough, but it shows my lazy susan with doors, a 28" rev a shelf lazy susan, and full depth drawers if/when I go that route.

ls.pdf

Have you seen these?

(combination susan/drawer)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Miner View Post
    Have you seen these?

(combination susan/drawer)

wow, first time seeing these.....thanks.

Justin, for corner susan bifold doors I use a Blum 60 degree bifold hinge and either a 155 or 170 degree hinge for the adjacent hinge that attaches to the face frame. Attaches is page 38 from the current Blum catalog showing everything you need to know. Blum customer service can answer any questions 800 438-6788.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Thanks Scott.....

Do you know if I will need that extra "clip"? it appears it's needed for profile doors where the two meet.

THX

Jason, the standard plate in the drawing is screwed into the stile about 1.5" from the outside edge. You want to make sure that screw is solidly in the stile and doesn't penetrate through to the panel tongue groove. To be safe, I'd say that if your stiles are ~2.5" or less you want the 175H6000 frame adapter plate, which attaches only 9.5MM from the stile edge.
    75H6000
    Last edited by scott vroom; 06-05-2015 at 12:17 PM.
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by scott vroom View Post
    Jason, the standard plate in the drawing is screwed into the stile about 1.5" from the outside edge. You want to make sure that screw is solidly in the stile and doesn't penetrate through to the panel tongue groove. To be safe, I'd say that if your stiles are ~2.5" or less you want the 175H6000 frame adapter plate, which attaches only 9.5MM from the stile edge.
    75H6000

2 7/16"......I'll get it just in case!