Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something found at habitat for humanity restore

Something found at habitat for humanity restore

King Machinery 15 inch planer. Evidently just arrived as it's still outside on a pallet and unpriced. No idea if it works or possible value. Single Phase 2HP 220V. Looks kind of rough. Potential value if the motor runs?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Just the fact that it is 15 inch is a great find.
    Steve Kinnaird
    Florida's Space Coast
    Have built things from wood for years, will finally have a shop setup by Sept. 2015 !! OK, maybe by February LOL ……

I presume you are asking what to offer for it? If you mechanical, enjoy a project and need a planer, maybe $100? If it turns out to be impractical it will make a great boat mooring and it is for charity.

I have a feeling they're going to price it around $300 if I were to take a stab at it, based on the restore pricing at the one I've been too. They price old beat up cman RAS's at $100.
    The one you ask about doesn't look in that bad of shape. I'd offer $150-200 if you get time to inspect it and check it out thoroughly.

Fred, its a 15 inch planer.

The Habitat Restore in my area is usually very low on the pricing.
    I have picked up some great deals there.

Keep us posted if you try to buy it.
    Steve Kinnaird
    Florida's Space Coast
    Have built things from wood for years, will finally have a shop setup by Sept. 2015 !! OK, maybe by February LOL ……

Couple of more pictures taken in my daughters garage. Will stay with her until I make it back with a pickup on the next trip. Haven't started it yet. Wired for 110 volts and no 20 amp outlet available. May try rewiring for 220 and hooking it in some where. Thought I was going to bust a gut getting off the pickup bed. $150 plus I made a 20 dollar donation so $170 altogether.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

It looks like it is in great shape.
    Look forward to hearing how well it works.
    Steve Kinnaird
    Florida's Space Coast

My daughter had a 20 amp outlet in the garage so plugged it in and seems to work well. Blades seem pretty sharp and it came with an extra set as well. Ran a pine board through and got a floor full of nice long shavings. Need to lube and de-rust a little. No dust collection hood but looks like it will be easy to adapt an HVAC boot. Missing the knife setting gauge it originally came with but I'm pretty happy Even though I'm practically deaf it will be a relief to not have my DW 733 screaming. Ironically, just last week I disassembled my 733 to clean, lube the chains/posts/gears, replace the belt and sharpen the blades.

That's excellent news.
    Enjoy your find !
    Steve Kinnaird
    Florida's Space Coast

Hey Mike, great find and great buy! After you get it all fixed up you can sell it to me for what you have in it!

Mike, I have an identical planer. Mine is converted to a helix head, so I have a knife gauge that I don't need. You're welcome to it. Just PM me.

Hi Michael, $500 is reasonable starting place for the planer...............Regards, Rod.

Looks like the blade changes and adjustment will be easier than on an old Delta Invetra(???) 4 posts

David, I PMed you but it says your inbox is full and cannot except any more PMs until some are cleared. I would be happy to accept your offer and happy to pay for it and for sure will pay postage. I can PayPal or send a check.

Julian, sure thing . Be a bit of a wait as this thing is in my daughters garage in Medford, OR where it will await my next trip up in my truck later this summer. So patience Grasshopper. LOL. BTW Advanced Bionics has agreed that my CI is not performing properly (soft failure, meaning nobody knows what the heck the problem is) and will pay for a re-implant. Going with a longer array and hoping it works out better this time.

Rod, that's what I was thinking and told my daughter if something happened to me before I could pick it up to list it on CL for 550 and not take less than 475.

David N. Good to hear. I've no experience with either but easy is always better. David Brum's generous offer will surely help.