Thread: lasering in wrong place

lasering in wrong place

I have a problem with where the laser beam is engraving. A few weeks ago I noticed the page from Corel was larger than the laser page would accept. The page in Corel is set at 32" x 20" and the laser is 32" x 20". But the laser has somehow adopted a margin that I cant get rid of. Today I am using the rotary device for a batch of tubing to be engraved and the beam is hitting about a 1/4" from the center of the tubing. Has anyone had this problem? Did it get fix? How?
    I will be calling Epilog tomorrow I think.
    EPILOG LEGEND 32 60 WATT, CORELDRAWX5, PhotoGraV2.11, strip heater, PUNTA GORDA, FLORIDA

Saw another post either here or at EngravingEtc about the margin problem someone else was having and it had a bunch of info and I think they even called epilog.
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

I believe that was my first post about this problem. May 22. I just looked at that thread again and found a post after my last that suggested how to possibly repair this I will try it now.
    EPILOG LEGEND 32 60 WATT, CORELDRAWX5, PhotoGraV2.11, strip heater, PUNTA GORDA, FLORIDA

James,

If that potential solution doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll ask my Corel gurus here -- better yet, though, just call/email/chat tech support in Golden. They'll be able to help.
    Jeanette Brewer
    Engraving Concepts

I needed to use the rotary today. I fond that it was more of a problem than the flat table problem is. After trying to find the fix this morning, I talked to a tech at Epilog. After my explanation of the problem with the rotary being off a 1/4" top to bottom and 5/8" left/right he got me steered in the right direction for the fix. It was in the calibration menu that I was a little reluctant to change the numbers as largely as they need to be changed.but is a lot better now if not exact.
    service - calibrate - change numbers
    options - save settings
    turn off and on the laser
    test
    repeat 10 time or more till correct

Thanks every one for the possible solutions.