Thread: Festool Rubin2 sandpaper cost

Festool Rubin2 sandpaper cost

I've had a RTS 400 for 10 years....great sander but the sandpaper has gotten pricey at $22 for a50-pack of Rubin2. I've noodled around the web looking for an alternate off-brand but have come up empty. Does anyone know of an alternate, lower cost source for Festool sandpaper?

Thanks
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

"A good miter set up is like yoga pants: it makes everyone's butts look good." Prashun Patel

I have tried other brands - latest is abranet - it seems to work OK but does not last as long esp if you catch the edge even briefly... I have decided that while the festool is spendy the durability makes it the best choice for me - my last batch was all festool.

I agree with Erik.

The Festool papers last a long time, and IMO they're not horribly expensive at all.

FWIW, I rarely use Rubin any more except for 80 grit & courser. Granat seems to do as good a job, and is useful on a lot more surfaces. I love the stuff.