Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: second batch of 766's shipping?

second batch of 766's shipping?

Just got my e-mail a few minutes ago,6/8/2015 about 10:30PM. My lathe is on the truck and headed my way, estimated to be here Wednesday. Pretty sure I was in the second batch, was thinking I might be all the way in the third since I was well down the order list.

As I suspected my suggestions on packing improvements won't have any affect on my lathe!

Been a day for good news. My doctor's office called and said there was a fair chance I would be looking at this side of the grass for awhile yet and then this message about the lathe shipping. New toy and a few years to enjoy it. Life is good!

Hu

Great news on all counts!
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

enjoy both

Good news indeed!

Got my email last night also. Card has been charged. Estimated delivery Friday 6/12. Wasn't expecting it until the end of the month at the earliest. My order date was March 25th.

6. Congrats Hu and Belton! Once you get this thing up and running and actually see what you have, it will impress you I believe! I just hope there are not as many shipping issues and whatever caused that vibration on the first shipment is absent on the second one.

It could have been what part of the ship the container was in, or rough seas, near the drive line of the ship, or............

Good luck, gentlemen!

Belton...........feel free to join the Grizzly Green Monster Group [GGMG] as we have presently 112 members who interact around things related to Grizzly lathes........post some of your work also. Go to the community tab near the top of this page and click on that, then groups, and it will take you there!
    Last edited by Roger Chandler; 06-09-2015 at 8:43 AM.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Congrats to all on the second shipment arrival! Great news. Enjoy the new lathe. It is a great machine.

Red
    RED

I just got a post card in the mail yesterday (June 8th) that said they still did not know when my lathe would be available. I ordered my lathe on May 2nd. I might be one of the last folks to get one, at least among the group of folks hanging out in this forum. I don't mind, I can wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    Belton...........feel free to join the Grizzly Green Monster Group [GGMG] as we have presently 112 members who interact around things related to Grizzly lathes........post some of your work also. Go to the community tab near the top of this page and click on that, then groups, and it will take you there!
    Roger. Joined a while back when I ordered the lathe. Hadn't checked in over there as I don't actually own a Grizzly yet. I'll make sure and post some things once I get the lathe up and running. I was following threads over there for a while but have been really busy lately and forgot to check the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus Waldeck View Post
    I just got a post card in the mail yesterday (June 8th) that said they still did not know when my lathe would be available. I ordered my lathe on May 2nd. I might be one of the last folks to get one, at least among the group of folks hanging out in this forum. I don't mind, I can wait.

Klaus,

Could be a good thing. While I don't think there will be major changes you might see a few small tweaks making your machine a little better or making it arrive in a little better condition. You still won't be waiting as long as Roger did!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! Had a bit of a health scare so the new toy and good news on the health front does have me excited. Storming this morning to cool my jets a bit, got to run out to the barn/shop and run my 220 line. No big deal, got everything on hand to do it. Just been busy with other things and figured I could just in time it.

hu

Some people from "the second batch" could be moving up if those who reserved ahead of them, do not have the funds when the card is charged. Just a thought.

I know I was a February order but had to reorder later when my original cc didn't want to "hold" longer than 30 days. Put it on a smaller card, but had to clear it first, so then became an early April orderer.
    Last edited by Jeramie Johnson; 06-09-2015 at 3:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hu lowery View Post
    Thanks for the well wishes everyone! Had a bit of a health scare so the new toy and good news on the health front does have me excited. Storming this morning to cool my jets a bit, got to run out to the barn/shop and run my 220 line. No big deal, got everything on hand to do it. Just been busy with other things and figured I could just in time it.

hu
    Good to hear you are doing well and got good health news. I have been sick the last few months myself and I am finally starting to feel well again so I truly understand how you feel about good health.
    Oh ya congrats on the new lathe too. Pretty cool!

got my g0766 on the 10 th. what a fine running machine , wood beware. Has anyone heard of a bolt-on tool rest for outboard turning or a stand becoming available?

14. Quote Originally Posted by david privett View Post
    got my g0766 on the 10 th. what a fine running machine , wood beware. Has anyone heard of a bolt-on tool rest for outboard turning or a stand becoming available?
    David........I posted a thread about a possible bed extension from Grizzly for this purpose.........I recommended that those who wanted for Grizzly to see if they could acquire one for this model to send an email to customer support for this purpose and ask that it be sent up the chain to decision makers..........Link is below.

Congrats on your new G0766......my unit is a kickin' machine!!!

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?229185-Stack-the-deck!-G0766-bed-extension&highlight=

Last edited by Roger Chandler; 06-13-2015 at 9:21 AM.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Congrats David. It is a great machine. Enjoy.

Red
    RED