Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: second batch of 766's shipping?

Angry

Disappointment Friday. Called Thursday and made an appointment for delivery, 2-6pm. Took the afternoon of work and had a friend come over to help. I figured it would be later in the window so I didn't panic. Around 5pm I decide to check the status on line.... Last check is it departed Lexington, Ky at 2:15pm??? 9 and a half hours away. Which means they knew at 9am that it wasn't going to make it here in the delivery window. Let's just say, they know how I feel about their lack of communications and the fact that I took time off work to be there. They said they would call me by 9am Monday to set up another delivery.

I would be HOT also. A simple phone call is all it would take on their part.

Red
    RED

3. I think you are referring to UPS freight.........once they take possession of the shipment, all logistics are in their hands and not Grizzly. Sometimes these shippers have little regard for what goes on in the lives of their customers......

sorry to hear about the delay.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Definitely a UPS problem....not Grizzly. I can think of a few scenarios that it would turn out like this...none of which make me any happier. I figure the local terminal here isn't used to making appointments before they have the shipment in hand....therefore wouldn't even worry/think about about the end user until they have possession of the shipment. I don't think it's much of an excuse, but it's the best I can come up with. Now I probably have to take more time of work to be home for the shipment...just kind of frustrating. I'll get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Belton Garvin View Post
    Disappointment Friday. Called Thursday and made an appointment for delivery, 2-6pm. Took the afternoon of work and had a friend come over to help. I figured it would be later in the window so I didn't panic. Around 5pm I decide to check the status on line.... Last check is it departed Lexington, Ky at 2:15pm??? 9 and a half hours away. Which means they knew at 9am that it wasn't going to make it here in the delivery window. Let's just say, they know how I feel about their lack of communications and the fact that I took time off work to be there. They said they would call me by 9am Monday to set up another delivery.

What a bummer! Had that happen to me once- same thing....took off work and then no delivery. I think it was a bigger deal because it was a tool- a new bandsaw- I was waiting for and the anticipation level was high. When you get your lathe I hope you have as good an experience as I did. Powerful, smooth, quiet and a major step up from my old lathe. Good luck!

6. Had a similar thing happen with UPS when I ordered my band saw. They made an appointment, I took time off work to accept it and it never showed up. I called and they said it "accidentally" got put on another truck and shipped to a different terminal 3 states away. No one bothered to call me. I too was HOT and UPS got an earful.

It's not just UPS rest assured. I had the same experience with SAIA on my Grizzly dust collector. They told me when to expect it and it was being delivered to a business location as well. I called because it was 2 PM and no sign of them. They were no where close and had no intention of making the appointment. This is pretty well how all freight companies operate because we receive a lot of items at another location via YRC. 30 miles from their terminal and they can't make it on the scheduled day. They are very independent and do as they please.So it can and does happen with them all.

I had the same problem with UPS freight on a Grizzly order -- didn't show up and my friend and I wasted an entire day waiting for nothing. That was bad enough, but their attitude made it worse. No apology and no sympathy for the trouble they created.

Hmm, you guy`s are making me re-think UPS delivery. Perhaps picking mine up whenever it gets here, probably late June. May just be the ticket.
    I may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

I will be picking mine up at the terminal when the time comes(2 weeks?) for reasons mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    I will be picking mine up at the terminal when the time comes(2 weeks?) for reasons mentioned.
    That's what I did when I purchased my planer, lathe and table saw. I live so far in the boonies and on a narrow road so there is no way a semi could make it out here.
    The only problem I've had was with my G0733 lathe, it got "stuck" in Memphis because of an ice storm. Can't blame the freight company for that but I can blame them for "forgetting" to unload it when it arrived at the correct destination.
    It all worked out, but was a week late.

UPS lost my Jet 1642. Woodcraft had to order a second one. I had to wait another 2 weeks.

Thumbs up

Success! Lathe arrived yesterday. I paid for lift gate service, so the UPS guy put it on the ground and used a pallet jack to place it right in front of my garage. Crating was in great shape, as well as the lathe inside. Didn't have much time but did get it uncrated and an initial inspection. One of the bolts holding the legs to the bed was loose but the other was tight enough that nothing had moved/shifted. Didn't see any obvious paint scuffs. The motor is slightly loose but not as bad as others have mentioned. Should be easy to tighten up.

This thing is a beast! but then again I'm upgrading from a Jet 1220. One of the legs weighs more than my entire lathe. Looking forward to completing assembly and giving it a good look over tonight when I get home.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Belton Garvin View Post
    Success! Lathe arrived yesterday. I paid for lift gate service, so the UPS guy put it on the ground and used a pallet jack to place it right in front of my garage. Crating was in great shape, as well as the lathe inside. Didn't have much time but did get it uncrated and an initial inspection. One of the bolts holding the legs to the bed was loose but the other was tight enough that nothing had moved/shifted. Didn't see any obvious paint scuffs. The motor is slightly loose but not as bad as others have mentioned. Should be easy to tighten up.

This thing is a beast! but then again I'm upgrading from a Jet 1220. One of the legs weighs more than my entire lathe. Looking forward to completing assembly and giving it a good look over tonight when I get home.
    Congrats, Belton! Give your unit a good once over, and you should be good to go! My unit is performing superbly, and with the tweaks I made, I have it set up like I want it, and am very happy with my new G0766!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Great to hear you finally got it. Set up is easy and quick then you can enjoy it!!

Red
    RED