Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DeWalt 735 Planer Kickback

My Dewalt 735 will spit out a board if I stick two at a time.If they are long enough I just push on them till there sticking out them pull a bit till the cut is finished.Mostly I just have one or two so I don't bother feeding more than one.
    I bet it was maple the feed roller always seem to have a weak grip on maple.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Robinson View Post
    I think the Dewalt's minimum thickness is 1/4". If it was right at its limit, and the other piece was a little thicker, it's likely the feed roller didn't have a very good grip.

Scary, glad you weren't standing in the line of fire.
    There is a thickness limiter that you can change. The "thinnest" setting is 1/8". Wish I had a bandsaw, it would save wood on those few occasions where I need to something much thinner. I was creating wood that I then used to add dividers inside of some drawers.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Hughes View Post
    My Dewalt 735 will spit out a board if I stick two at a time.If they are long enough I just push on them till there sticking out them pull a bit till the cut is finished.Mostly I just have one or two so I don't bother feeding more than one.
    I bet it was maple the feed roller always seem to have a weak grip on maple.
    White oak!

If I lower the head onto the board on mine, I can make it feed a board thru without the knives touching the wood. It takes more downward pressure to remove wood. I have never had trouble with the feed rollers not gripping the board. I will, however, heed the warning!

John