Thread: how do i imbed video from laptop into a thead?

how do i imbed video from laptop into a thead?

y'all taught me how to do it from youtube in the worldwide galaxosphere, but now I need to do it from closer to home........

TIA
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Stay with Youtube,. Then link it here. Like this one of mine. Much easier.
    It is video of our Tap dancers, The Recycled Rockettes, from the show last October. My wife is one of them.

Last edited by Myk Rian; 06-11-2015 at 9:50 PM.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Well............I know how to upload a vid from, youtube, but..........

I have a youtube video that I just want a short clip from.

In 12 hours I was able to learn how to clip a short section from that [everyone else took only 15 minutes to learn], but now I have a short clip on my laptop that I want to use................

Any chance you can actually be responsive, Myk? Just this once?
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Kent, if I understand your question correctly, I'm pretty sure you would have to use a hosting service like YouTube for your video. You cannot link directly from your laptop hard drive. I'm not sure you'd want to anyway.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I think if you want to post a segment of a Youtube video, that there is a way to specify a start/end time in the link. Not positive, though.

Otherwise Bruce is right just upload your segment to Youtube and post your link to the video there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    I have a youtube video that I just want a short clip from.
    You will need a video editor. I use Cyberlink PowerDirector 13. There are many free ones. Just Google "free video editor".
    You load the video, after downloading it, (free Youtube downloading software/plugins) and mark the beginning of the clip you want, and trim everything before it.
    Then you mark the endpoint of the clip, and trim everything after it. After that you produce the video to whatever format you want. I suggest a .WMV file to avoid any copyright problems with Youtube. It uses Microsoft's own codec to create the video. Youtube won't mess with that.

If you already have the clip separated, you can use Super © to convert to any format you want.
    Last edited by Myk Rian; 06-12-2015 at 9:35 PM.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

ohhh..ok....i get it.

you meant to put my vid onto youtube, as opposed to keeping it on the laptop.

already got the editing bit figured out - standard windows whatever movie editor program..

thanks, myk