Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DELTA 50-181 Dust Collector Mods!

I can see where a pressure foot would be very useful. I have not figured out how to adapt/mount one to my spindle setup. It would need to be easily removable to allow me to use a conventional dust shoe.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

the pick up foot is the hard part ,the exhaust off the router blows a lot of air and the dust becomes a bit air born
    i like to be able to see my bit and collect dust.It also has to be adjustable,you don't want the pick up hitting your work piece
    I have about 4 designs and i am still not satisfied,
    The pickup i use which is a plastic shroud around the bit does work and then i add a dyke aound the whole project with a
    4 in pickup and yes this works well but looks odd

3. Hi Gerald. I also have a Delta 50-181 dust collector which I have been thinking of modifying to reduce the fine dust which passes through the cloth collection bag. I had hoped to make mine portable, instead of stationary like yours, but the unit would be pretty top heavy with the heavy 2 hp motor on the top. Also I think I would need a larger dust collection barrel because of the heavy waste from woodturning or planing. The other option would be to buy an entirely new dust collector but that would be pricey and I have a perfectly fine motor and impeller.

Please tell me if you are happy with your new design, what you might have done differently, and any new recommendations for me. Thanks, Jerry

Hi Gerald-
    I am inspired by your alterations and am considering doing the same with my Delta 50-180. Can you tell me the brand of hepa filter you have? Where did you get it? I'm having trouble finding a similar filter... Thanks in advance!

Ben, welcome to SMC. Gerald's last visit to the forum was in 2015.

I was able to find his HEPA filter at https://canadianwoodworker.com/webst...get=CWI-DHF015
    There's probably other sources as well.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Thanks so much!