Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know what happened to Adam Cherubini?

Does anyone know what happened to Adam Cherubini?

Hello Gentlemen
    I am a great admirer of Adam Cherubini and his writings and workmanship. I see that he no longer contributes on the Popular Woodworking website and his own website hasn't been updated for some time. Does anyone know how to contact him? Thank you

I can't help with any updated information, but I find it odd that Popular Woodworking magazine still runs his old postings in his blog even though it was last updated some time last year. Do they not read their own web pages?

I recall him posting something to the effect of a day job interfering with the woodworking avocation and his ability to do the "Art & Mysteries" column. It seems that was a couple years back, but things like day jobs tend to go on and on.... I also enjoyed his well thought out contributions. A purest is a good ingredient. The good news is, his particular style of white stocking woodworking will never go out of style.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Miguel View Post
    Hello Gentlemen
    I am a great admirer of Adam Cherubini and his writings and workmanship. I see that he no longer contributes on the Popular Woodworking website and his own website hasn't been updated for some time. Does anyone know how to contact him? Thank you
    Well... there's always the "Contact Me" button on his website: adam.cherubini@verizon.net

I sent him an email in February, 2013 asking about 1620's woodworking for my daughter's social studies class (4th grade). His reply
    still makes me giggle. (Briefly, they were too busy starving to do any woodworking. And some sarcastic comments about history teachers that I won't repeat.)

There's been a shakeup at PWW.

Few woodworkers with any trade experience remain.
    They're leaning on user submissions to fill their pages.

I wouldn't doubt that someone so savvy as Mr. C found
    an alternative revenue source.

I won't be renewing, this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Matthews View Post
    There's been a shakeup at PWW.

Few woodworkers with any trade experience remain.
    They're leaning on user submissions to fill their pages.

I wouldn't doubt that someone so savvy as Mr. C found
    an alternative revenue source.

I won't be renewing, this time around.
    Neither will I....

Is this a recent shake-up?
    If the thunder don't get you, the lightning will.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hachet View Post
    Neither will I....
    Nor will I renew.

That is interesting that you all are disenchanted with the magazine. Chris Schwarz says he will support them to the end (his or theirs), but then he still draws a check from that organization, so you don't bite the hand that feeds you. I remain a subscriber, although the lights dimmed for me when they discontinued the Woodworking Magazine entity. None of this relates to Mr. Cherubini anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brady View Post
    That is interesting that you all are disenchanted with the magazine. Chris Schwarz says he will support them to the end (his or theirs), but then he still draws a check from that organization, so you don't bite the hand that feeds you. I remain a subscriber, although the lights dimmed for me when they discontinued the Woodworking Magazine entity. None of this relates to Mr. Cherubini anyway.
    Lights have dimmed for me also, but not enough to not renew a few months back.

Pages have gotten thinner, though there is still at least on article in each issue that keeps me going back. What still remains to be seen is how well the void created by the 360 group dismissal (Bob Lang and others) is filled, and if the content remains at least at the present level.
    If the thunder don't get you, the lightning will.

Jim,
    I'm sorry that the work of the many professional woodworkers we're now running in our pages isn't to your liking. But Adam had to step down due to his day job some time ago – well before any of the more recent elective departures.
    Megan
    Last edited by Megan Fitzpatrick; 06-15-2015 at 4:25 PM.

Of course we do. But a lot of people still read and enjoy Adam's work, so even though he's not able to contribute at the moment, we see no need to not make accessible what he's written in the past.

Hey Megan,
    I think you are doing fine and you guys are turning the ship around....... No one can loose that many good sailors and not veer off course. Why they left?...... don't matter.... Woodworking isn't magic, many people know how to do it and a few of those can write about it too!
    You have a hard job.... If the magazine was ALL about woodworking you would starve.... if it was ALL about the money....... we fanatics would sniff it and...... you would starve....So good luck keeping things headed in the right direction. Really, I am thinking about coming back
    and I am a hard sell. Good luck and thank you for posting here, it shows a lot about what your priorities are. -matt

PS, Just had a great Idea..... a new monthly column for the magazine....... Grammar online - I can do that! for us woodworking forum members that can build a awesome bench but can't construct a sentence to save our souls........

Thank you Matt. I AM starving...no time to eat lunch today :-)

Regarding grammar and words, I tend to leave those topics to my three word-herding heroes: Bill Bryson, Bill Walsh and John McPhee.
    Last edited by Megan Fitzpatrick; 06-15-2015 at 8:59 PM.

If it's any consolation, I just renewed my PWW subscription last week after realizing I hadn't seen the e-mail notifying me of the June issue download. No one issue can completely interest me in every article. Since I can't speak to the June issue that I missed what I can say is that most of the larger articles in the April issue didn't capture my interest, but there were a few smaller gems scattered throughout. The February issue was more interesting to me with nearly every article catching my eye and interest. That's good enough for me.