Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Does anyone know what happened to Adam Cherubini?

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Dillinger View Post
    I am probably biased because I occasionally put pen to paper (metaphorically anyway) for the mag, but as a craftsman I really believe Popular Woodworking is worth reading. Opening up to new authors and new ideas is a great way to ensure we don't simply see the same tips & tricks, same router table jigs, and same tired 18th c. projects (there are so many others to choose from!) over and over.
    same tired 18th c. projects (there are so many others to choose from!) over and over. - So true!

But, I think it is new ideas rather than new authors that matter. FWM features the same contributing editors (in addition to other contributors) and they usually do not produce the same old ideas. Michael Fortune, for example, shares many of his techniques used in his own shop that are unpublished before. His recent article on clamping is a must-read for anyone who does furniture pieces or chairs that involve curves and angles. He is no doubt a master of jigs and his high-end furniture design is inspiring. Those few working as assistants or trainees for him in his shop are getting the experience no woodworking schools can offer (just like those "boys" who were with Sam Maloof).

Simon
    Last edited by Simon MacGowen; 06-19-2015 at 2:31 PM.

I can't absolutely confirm with PWW (but I'm pretty sure I've done it with them too), but whenever I see a good subscription offer on one of the titles I receive, I buy it and get the free whatever or the discounted rate and it just adds on to the end of my subscription. I think that i bought enough of those five dollar offers for Woodcraft magazine that the earth will be swallowed up in the expanding perimeter of our sun as it enters it's red "giant" phase before it expires.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Cohen View Post
    Hi Megan

I find it interesting that there is an incentive (usually in the form of a download) to become a new member, but nothing of the same to renew a subscription. Indeed, the incentive is to allow a subscription to lapse, then rejoin for the free gift!

Regards from Perth

Derek (about to renew)

Blog Entries
    I have problems with their site.
    I don't know if it's my computer or their site.
    I subscribe to the magazine, but I'm not getting much out of it anymore.

Folks,

Kindly note that this thread is a bit over a year old. FYI.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.