Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly G0766 - Dilemma

Grizzly G0766 - Dilemma

Hey folks - here's the problem: I have the new Grizzly G0766 on order, and the confirmation said it should arrive at their depot on July 10th - apparently it has not been received yet, or my credit card would have been charged. The problem is this - we just sold our fix-and-flipper house. Good things and bad. Now I don't know if I should contact Grizzly Sales, and have them hold my lathe for later delivery, because I don't know where we're going to end up. I really don't want to receive it and have to put it into storage. Do you know if Grizzly would hold my machine until I am better situated to actually receive it? And I just got a nice big chunk of cherry to start practicing on, too. Oh well.

That is a good news bad news story. It's always worth a call but I can't imagine them holding it. It seems the lathes are coming in regularly and I would ask about future shipments vs orders. Maybe pass on this and reorder once you get your new place decided

3. Mark.............I would think that you could call them and set a later delivery date, and they would put a hold on it. I think you would need to explain your particular dilemma and they would likely work with you. I would also let them know that I wanted to go ahead and purchase so it will be ready when you are, but just have them hold it until you give the notice and new address to ship to, and in the mean time, under no circumstances ship your unit to someone else, as you have waited long enough! I think it is worth a try!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

I was told by grizzly that they could only go 30 days hold a order,if the item is in stock. I was having back surgery when I ordered the g0766 but the way it worked out the back was healed but still had to wait on the lathe almost 3 months, but I like it when I got it!

Have you considered calling Grizzly?

What you get here at best will be 2nd hand information.

CALL GRIZZLY! They can give you an official answer.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Yes, Ken and then call you credit card company. I believe (I am no lawyer or expert on this) that there are special rules on "holder in due course" credit card purchases. I think it would be painless to just cancel your order via the credit card company.

Most companies that I have dealt with will cancel an order if they haven't begun the shipping process. It would surprise me if the OP contacted Grizzly and they wouldn't agree to cancel the order. Once it lands on the loading dock, however, all bets are off. I doubt contacting the credit card company would be necessary.
    Ken

I would call Grizzly and see what they say. It sounds best though to cancel the order until you are settled and ready for the lathe. Good luck on your new adventure!

Red
    RED

Thanks, all, for the responses. I don't want to cancel the order, because the price may go up out of my financial reach. I'd rather postpone the delivery, hold the price where I purchased it, and wait for a different batch to go through the depot and inspection, so I have time to relocate and get settled in. I definitely want to get this lathe, and don't want to pay more than this introductory price. Darned the luck; I also just got my hand engraving bench setup, and doing more freelance work, too. Limbo, I hate the unknown sometimes. Maybe all will work out to my advantage, and I'll have the shop I dream of, and a place for the family and dog to settle down.

Do you have a friend willing to have it dropped off at their place until you are ready for it. The downside is that wherever it's delivered to, the warranty period starts ebven if unused. So, if you expect a long wait before being able to receive it, you might want to discuss this with Grizzly & pursue options if the warranty period is going to be jeopardized.

No, I don't have a friend that I can have it delivered to. And the warranty thing is a concern. I wrote to Grizzly CSR this AM, and hope to hear back soon. I keep you appraised of what the options are. Thanks. Say a prayer, or cross your fingers, that we find a good place to land quickly. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Launier View Post
    Do you have a friend willing to have it dropped off at their place until you are ready for it. The downside is that wherever it's delivered to, the warranty period starts ebven if unused. So, if you expect a long wait before being able to receive it, you might want to discuss this with Grizzly & pursue options if the warranty period is going to be jeopardized.

Since my order hasn't even mentioned a word of when it will ship, when it will arrive, or anything, just a "some point in the future," I am willing to generously trade my order with yours. See what a nice guy I am? You can't get that kind of consideration from just any old swindler.

Thanks, Klaus, but I think I'll hold off on that one right now.

I did get a reply from Grizzly CSR:
    We are happy to assist you with your order# XXXXXX.We are happy to hold your order for you for a short period of time.Please note that we expect to receive a shipment sometime next week of the G0766 Lathes. Please reply to state approximately how long you would require the order to be held for so that we may update your order accordingly.Also, we would require the new address as soon as it is available."

Yours may be forth coming very soon. I wrote her back, and said to hold it for 30 days unless I get a new address sooner. I am going to pay for it as soon as it comes in to lock that price regardless. Otherwise I might end up buying a really cool all-tube guitar amp instead. (NOT).

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus Waldeck View Post
    Since my order hasn't even mentioned a word of when it will ship, when it will arrive, or anything, just a "some point in the future," I am willing to generously trade my order with yours. See what a nice guy I am? You can't get that kind of consideration from just any old swindler.

Well, folks - right after I contacted Grizzly, and got that reply, my wife texted me to say she'd put a contract on a house in the neighborhood she and the kids (and the dog) love. Big yard, 2.5 car garage with area for me to work on my engraving and woodturning, and best of all no HOA. Looks like I'll only have to delay the shipment of my G0766 for about a week. YIPPEE. I am glad to read so many successful shipments of these lathes, and seemingly great reviews (with exception of the tool rest height deal). My fingers are crossed hoping no wrenches get thrown into the spokes of the house deals.

Good on Grizzly and on your wife, and potential new home!
    Ken