Thread: 360 WoodWorking

Blog Entries

360 WoodWorking

I just discovered this new resource following a thread on the Neander pages below. It seems to be more oriented toward: better projects and better skill sets for woodworkers. I am just getting started researching it. The subscription fee is higher than a typical magazine but it appears to offer a more intense, informative approach using: text, still shots, illustrations and video, compiled in a single project or skill set article. The projects seem more interesting and the skill discussions more spot on than other such articles....More information, better topics, combined media...what's not to like, well other than the price.

My problem with most magazines is the low percentage of information I am interested in. At first glance 360 WW seems to hit my interests a larger % of the time. I am still trying to figure out if I can "cherry pick" the plans and articles I am most interested in.
    Last edited by Mike Holbrook; 06-16-2015 at 2:51 PM.

mike -

product / brainchild of tier-one talent/escapees from PWW. the parts i have read shows , imo, the path that mag chose not to take, as they stepped into their death spiral
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

I'll be interested in this thread and how other's experience with subscription instruction has worked for them. I'm caught between the high cost of face-to-face instruction and the accessibility to it. The combination means more than a week away from home for the more advanced classes. In theory, subscription instruction would seem to address both issues.

I went to their web site but the $100/year price is a bit too steep for me. I don't know if a link is permitted but just Google 360 woodworking.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I'd be happy to pay it (and have done for one year to give the guys a chance), but for good quality content at a reasonably expert level that's not driven by advertisers. They seem intent on doing it differently, and especially without dependence on the latter. Hence I suspect the fairly high subscription cost. It's not possible to have your cake and eat it.

Quite a lot depends to my mind on how it all develops...

Blog Entries
    They list two sale prices one says $9.95/ month for 12 months. The other says $100 year. I guess the $9.95 is billed monthly vs paying $100 in advance for a year to get a small discount. Under $10 per month does not sound too bad compared to current single magazine prices, especially considering the downloads and ability to watch/use from most tech & paper formats. The one day in person courses for $800 do seem high to me, without knowing more about them.

As Ian alludes to the crux of the matter seems to be how much better their content is. It certainly sounds like the information will be available in more computer/mobile friendly formats. Real multi media information is nice! Even some of us old guys like the tech friendly formats where we can adjust text, volume, image size....
    Last edited by Mike Holbrook; 06-16-2015 at 3:44 PM.

remember - these guys are elite.........what they have to say is worth listening to, if you are looking for a source of information.

How hard it is to blow $100 bucks in a year on screwups or misguided tool purchases? Or, pay whatever PWW is charging these days and get the residual scraps. You didn't save money, you wasted it, IMO.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

I have subscribed and am happy. What I like the most is that I can ignore them until I have the time and I've lost nothing.

$10/mo or $100/yr seems reasonable to me especially considering the people involved. It's more than I pay for FWW, but less than a subscription to Paul Seller's, Rob Cosman, etc. sites. We need more good woodworking content.

I think I'll subscribe today.
    -- Dan Rode

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    remember - these guys are elite.........what they have to say is worth listening to, if you are looking for a source of information.

How hard it is to blow $100 bucks in a year on screwups or misguided tool purchases? ......
    Good point.