Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need to test a local redsail x700 before I buy. Help

You need the dongle for the software to run the machine or create files to download to it. In my case I don't need a dongle at all but to put a file on your USB drive the machine will read, it has to be in a format the software creates. Kind of a catch 22.
    The machine should operate as I have posted above, but not run a file.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

I have a new red and black Redsail X700. It came with AutoLaser software for the PC, which does not need a dongle. I don't know if it has the same controller as what you are looking at, but I could provide a .OUT file tonight that you could try testing with. This is the format mine expects to find on a thumb drive.

Yes. Please. Just something small and simple to JARRODL1@HOTMAIL.COM

Dongle ????

I have a x700 redail. My machine does not require a dongle? I would see it you can fill the tube up with with water, check water leaks, cracks in the tubes. See if the tube even works? A new tube with shipping to USA as least last year was around $400 for a 50watt.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    I think your best best is to call Redsail and ask them. Like Dan said, some times it's easy, some times it's not. I think we'd only be guessing at this point. Redsail could give you the worst case and best cases.
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

Is yours blue? What was the date if manufacture? Are u using lasercuts 5.3? I though the dongle was for the software.

Found out it has a RDLC320-A (EC) Controller. Guy called his friend who ran the sample piece when they first got it and swears it never had a dongle. Is that possible?

Post 17 and 19 say their machines don't use the dongle. That's why we said it might be best to call the company and ask them so you know for sure for that machine.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

It's Saturday in China now. I did find a Canadian number.

In post #2, Scott said they had a place in California.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Dongle

Yes mine is blue and I use laser cut 3.5. No dongle needed. I use corel draw for drawing. And import my cutting files into laser cut. I'm very happy with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    In post #2, Scott said they had a place in California.
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

Don't think they are in California. They ship some of the look alike redsail from a warehouse in Ontario california, but the seller is in china. The true redsail brand has a China phone number and a CANADIAN phone number. On the site it lists it as CA. Easy to think it's cali.

I have the RDLC320-A controller and it does not need a dongle. It does need to see the laser to set up the first time but once setup it will be stand alone software. I set it up on my laptop and then moved the laptop to my office and run the laser off a cheap computer. I transfer files over a network hard drive

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    I have the RDLC320-A controller and it does not need a dongle. It does need to see the laser to set up the first time but once setup it will be stand alone software. I set it up on my laptop and then moved the laptop to my office and run the laser off a cheap computer. I transfer files over a network hard drive
    What software are u using? Where did u download it?

I have RDcam 6.0.3 I downloaded from GWeike they sent me a link

Could u send me the download link? I looked for a link on the controller manufacturer site and couldn't find one. Do u like the software?