Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nova 1624-44 motor problem?

David, I am running this on 110. 20 amp breaker with 12/2 wire, with other outlets along the way. Typically the only other thing being used when the lathe is running are the lights. I am not an electrician (obviously). The arrangement just explained sounds OK correct? If so, if i got a capacitor with a lower volt rating but a higher micro-fared (say 250V 80uF), that would be OK? The bigger one i bought works great but just wont fit in the box.
    Thanks for answering all my amateur questions.

Not sure what happened to my post but I mentioned that if all else fails I have a Nova 1624 motor with switch control for $75.00. It was used for one year, but than I up graded to the DVR up grade.

I assumed that you were running 240 volt, sorry. well can you make a new cap. cover from sheet metal and use what you have or get a different cap. to fit the stock housing. But as far as the cap. goes even since you are using 120 volt you need still a 240 volt cap. as far as voltage goes because the motor was engineered that way. Just make sure that the motor does not lag it should come up to speed quickly, if it does not consider a 240 volt circuit if your lathe will run on it. I share one between my table saw, band saw and the lathe since they do not run at the same time.