Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shop flooring

About 20 years ago I was spending a lot of time standing in the shop building telescopes. My feet hurt and the scopes were getting all scratched when turing them side to side while working on them. I went out and bought a cheap carpet remnant for a temporary fix. 20 years later it is still in use. It worked far better than I had hoped. It gets a bit messy from routing and sanding, but I just vacuum it with a shop vac every now and then. Side benefit, the telescopes and cabinets are easy to flip around with out getting scratched up.

I also have rubber mats in front of all the machines and benches where a lot of time is spent.

Just one more cheap fix.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My shop floor is concrete, but all of the workstation areas have anti-fatigue matts from ULine. Some were bought for the shop directly and some were moved from our kitchen (brick floor) as they wore and became less appropriate for in the house. The only areas of my shop that don't have the matts at this point are "where I spray finish" and in front of storage areas. The matts are nice in that I can stand on them comfortably as well as kneel on them without hurting my knees.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...