Thread: Affordable veneer supplier in the US?

Affordable veneer supplier in the US?

Hey guys,

Anybody got a hook up for an affordable veneer supplier in the USA? Looking specifically for 20 or 30 mil, PSA backed in the following species - walnut, cherry, alder, maple.

Hoping to get a wholesale hook up if I can.

Thanks!
    Jay
    Epilog Helix 24 - 50w
    Kern HSE 50x100 - 400w (rated at 479w!)

Don't know how big sheets you need but look at woodworkers source I've bought there before small sheets.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Looking for 2'x8' or 4'x8' sheets.
    Epilog Helix 24 - 50w

Call people that shell sheet goods, like plywoods used for cabinet making. Wurth Wood Products is one. Don't know what's in your area and how nationally some of the companies are, but that's who you want to get to.

They can get you most anything and it's all at wholesale pricing once you setup a business account with them.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

There's a MacBeath's Hardwood's place near me, I get 2 x 8' sheets of Alder veneer for biz cards, 30 mil I think, last time I paid $37 per sheet. Don't know if that's good or bad to be honest. Pretty sure they have all the flavors you listed.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Just do a Google search there's several pretty good suppliers out there.

I agree with Robert. A few years ago I needed to find an exotic hardwood veneer for one of my customers and found an importer in one of the southern states, maybe LA, that imported the sheet and my customer cut it to size, something like 6" x 9" pieces and I engraved it.

I first posted a picture of it on the woodworkers forum and they identified it for me.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Yeah, I was checking out a few places online, and was hoping to get a wholesale supplier lined up. I guess my best bet is to go to a manufacturer for bulk orders.
    Epilog Helix 24 - 50w