Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small Sheraton-style Table in 3D --Testing

Small Sheraton-style Table in 3D --Testing

This is really more of a test to see if the link works.

Sheraton Table

Follow the link and click on the image. After it loads you should be able to orbit, pan and zoom. I'd like to know if it works for you.

FWIW, the model was done for a couple of SketchUp tutorials that will be coming out in the fall.

Running IE10 on Win7, works.

Firefox 38.something works, too, and the movement is better. More responsive than what I got in IE10.

Works in a portable version of Chrome I use, as well, maybe the best out of all of them but the mouse cursor doesn't revert when changing focus to another window. Could be older version of Chrome causing that, though, or the fact that it is a portable version.

Thanks Phil. that's more testing than I was hoping for.

Blog Entries
    Only thing I couldn't do is look at it from the bottom. If a bottom view were really important a second item with the object upside down would cover that.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

It works with Win 7, IE11.

Like Glenn, I couldn't look at the bottom.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I set it so the camera wouldn't go below the ground plane so it's no surprise you can't look up its skirt. There's not much to see under there anyway.

Looks great on my PC. Doesn't work on my iPad.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Bruce, that's strange. I've had reports from others that it works fine on their iPad. I wonder what the difference is. I just tested it on my iPad too and it works.

Sorry, it works fine on my iPad 4 or what ever the heck it is. I was trying to load it on my iPad 1 that I keep in the shop. It has very little hp and just kicks back to the main screen.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Won't open on my iphone...a few error messages, then a screen with control icons, but no image.

'Twould be nice if there were an x-ray mode toggle.

There's a mode that lets you toggle the wireframe version but I didn't enable it.

Works very nicely for me on Win 7, Chrome 43. Echo Glenn's comment above about not being able to flip it over to view the bottom.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post
    Works very nicely for me on Win 7, Chrome 43. Echo Glenn's comment above about not being able to flip it over to view the bottom.
    Thanks Brian.

As I already wrote, I set it so the camera won't go below the ground plane so it is intentionally that you can't look up from below.

When I first looked at it I thought I could view all around the top and bottom but, after re-testing it, I see the horizon is about 2/3 up the legs and I can make it so I can see a little bit of the bottom but not all.