Thread: Can you believe. . . . .

Blog Entries

Can you believe. . . . .

Lie Nielsen and Lee Valley are on Amazon now. I am surprised.

Blog Entries
    If only I had thought of Amazon. ...and Facebook, Pinterest, and all those other internetty things.

Are the prices better?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    Are the prices better?
    Hehe...hehe.....
    Maurice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Ungaro View Post
    Hehe...hehe.....

I don't know if the prices are better. I have a gift I haven't used up though.

The Lie-Nielsen presence is not new and, no, the prices are the same.

Blog Entries
    Well I assume they need as wide an audience as possible
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

In the US? I did a quick search for veritas plane and nothing came up.

Blog Entries
    One avenue of commerce on the internet is being paid for surveys and such in Amazon points.

A person may be able to earn enough points, if they spend a lot of hours on the internet, to purchase a high dollar item.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Thanks Lowell. Thats good to know. I invariably get amazon cards as gifts and save them up.

FWIW - I havent gone and looked for LV specifically guys, but be aware that some tool vendors deliberately sell their stuff at higher prices on amazon. For example, I saw a Nobex miter box offerred by a reputable company for noticably more than what's listed on their own web page - about 15% more IIRC. When I called to ask if that was a mistake, he told me honestly that he simply tacks on amazon's fee to the price. Since then, Ive noticed it with other merchandise as well. Amazon will let you be an affiliate or such, use their website, and charge you a fee for it.

I still like having access via amazon to use those gift cards!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Yah, but they don't have their whole catalog on the site. Just a few (of the more popular?) items.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    Lee Valley are on Amazon now. I am surprised.
    Me too because I can't find them on either the US or CA site. A couple of books by Lee Valley Tools and one or two Veritas items sold by third party retailers but no official presence that I can find.

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Thanks Lowell. Thats good to know. I invariably get amazon cards as gifts and save them up.

I still like having access via amazon to use those gift cards!
    You do know that you don't have to actually use the gift card to but something that Amazon sells? Plenty of retailers use the Amazon account to facilitate easier payments. I've bought stuff from Rockler this way and some other non-woodworking stores. To be honest, I've never tried this with a gift card balance but seeing as Amazon defaults to your gift card balance first then to your credit cards, I can't see why this wouldn't work.
    "If you have all your fingers, you can convert to Metric"

Quote Originally Posted by Hilton Ralphs View Post
    You do know that you don't have to actually use the gift card to but something that Amazon sells? Plenty of retailers use the Amazon account to facilitate easier payments. I've bought stuff from Rockler this way and some other non-woodworking stores. To be honest, I've never tried this with a gift card balance but seeing as Amazon defaults to your gift card balance first then to your credit cards, I can't see why this wouldn't work.
    No. I didn't know this but I'll sure go check it out. Thanks for the tip Hilton!
    Fred