Thread: How can I view all posts in a long thread?

How can I view all posts in a long thread?

Every time I read a thread that has over maybe 8-10 posts, I end up missing half of those post. They simply don't show on my screen, unless I go up to the top of the thread and manually select a post from that list.

- And even then, I don't see the posts that FOLLOW the one I just selected.

I've looked all over, but can't find a solution.

Is there some hidden button, or secret handshake or something?

Allan,

No secret shake or anything. In the upper right corner at the top of the thread, select the "Display" drop down window. There select "Linear".

You can also go to the upper right corner to the right of you name and select "Settings". When the Setting windows opens up, scroll down and on the left side select "General Settings" when that window opens up, scroll down to "Thread Display Options". There you can select the mode of display such as "Linear- oldest first", "Linear - newest first" or "Threaded" or "Hybrid". Either of the "Linear" options will allow you to see all the posts in a thread. If you use this option, be sure to use the "Save the Changes" button at the bottom.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 06-24-2015 at 9:47 AM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Also, just below the "Thread Display Options" drop-down is the "Number of Posts to Show Per Page:" drop-down. Here you can set it to show up to a maximum of 40 posts per page. A handy feature for long winded threads.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Cool, I was trying to figure out the same thing....
    Only one life will soon be past
    Only whats done for Christ will last

Thanks, guys !

Amazing, months of frustration wondering why posted were not in chronological order and I was set to Hebrid! Fyi mobile users, I had to switch to full site to make my changes. Switched back to mobile and it worked like a dream! Thanks for the help.