Thread: Le sigh

Le sigh

Well I made some doors for this cabinet. I went to put them on the cabinet and they're off. Hmmm. I checked and rechecked square. So I took out my best tape and measured for square. dead on to a 32nd ! I mean dead on. So I measure the cabinet. As expected. Off by 1/16th. Wider at the top than the bottom. But at least it wasn't racked.

So I planed the edges to fit. Le sigh.
    "The element of competition has never worried me, because from the start, I suppose I realized wood contains so much inspiration and beauty and rhythm that if used properly it would result in an individual and unique object." - James Krenov

What you do speaks so loud, I cannot hear what you say. -R. W. Emerson

One of the nice things about wood is that you can often "fix" a mistake by changing a dimension or two. I have my fair share of nightstands that started out as entertainment centers.

- Vaughn

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan
    One of the nice things about wood is that you can often "fix" a mistake by changing a dimension or two. I have my fair share of nightstands that started out as entertainment centers.

- Vaughn
    Vaughn

It sounds like your entertainment lasted a while.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

At least you were able to fix it and didn't have to re-build parts of it! Great fix and no one will ever know.
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Keith, this is just the "final fine fitting" operation which brings your project to perfection...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Keith.....if all of here at SMC were to synchonize our "le sighs" it would be a roar heard around the world! You're not alone!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Les condolensces....BTDT!
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

I know we always have a little adjustment to fit. But man it was hard planing those doors. Prolly the best I've done to date. But to make them out of square, that hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by scott spencer
    Les condolensces....BTDT!
    BTDT ?

Keith
    "The element of competition has never worried me, because from the start, I suppose I realized wood contains so much inspiration and beauty and rhythm that if used properly it would result in an individual and unique object." - James Krenov

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Christopher
    I know we always have a little adjustment to fit. But man it was hard planing those doors. Prolly the best I've done to date. But to make them out of square, that hurt.

BTDT ?

Keith
    ... Been There, Done That....
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

This was in Monday's paper, and it was just TOO appropriate for this thread. Sorry for beating a dead horse...

- Vaughn
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am so frightfully amused.