Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Third batch of G0766`s Shipping possibly this week!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    James.......the 15" comfort rest from Robust measures 7-3/8" total length, and the inside curve bowl rest is 7-1/4" total length. Both are considered the long post from Robust, and they both work really well on the G0766.

Did your replacement lathe arrive James?
    Thanks for the info Roger.

Looks like my replacement shipped yesterday from the MO warehouse, probably get it Friday next week.

Happy 4th of July to all!
    "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Proust

2. Quote Originally Posted by James Conrad View Post
    Thanks for the info Roger.

Looks like my replacement shipped yesterday from the MO warehouse, probably get it Friday next week.

Happy 4th of July to all!
    You are most welcome, James.........so glad to hear your new 0766 is on the way!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Well I got it all put together. The legs cam loose in the box and rubbed on the bed. Nothing you can feel. It rubbed the paint off the legs and the tailstock. I called yesterday to get some touch up paint abut the gal I talked to wasn't sure if they could ship paint. I decided to try again Monday. I fixed the headstock so my chucks can seat all the way. I added some bling by replacing the plastic tailstock hand wheel handle with a chromed metal one. I hate plastic handles. It runs very quiet. It is at least as quiet as my Jet 1642.

I had a little fun with the welder. I fixed the tool rest issue as you can see in the picture. I also made a mobile base like the lift lock and roll. It went fine except the lift part. I have to crow bar it up. but once it is up it is good. I rounded the lift blocks thinking it would lift easy. That might have been where I wet wrong. It's been a long 3 days in the 90 and 100 degree heat so I will revisit it later.

Cary,
    You're right, call back Monday and talk to someone else. I only contacted them by e-mail but I had the same problem: some paint rubbed off. I contacted them and they sent me two little cans of paint, one green and one beige.

Cary, glad all is well. Enjoy your new lathe.

Red
    RED