Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Third batch of G0766`s Shipping possibly this week!!

Can't wait to hear more updates from this 3rd shipment. I was lucky, like Roger, to get mine in the first batch. I still can't believe how nice this lathe is. The power, the sheer mass, the quality, I know each of you will be very pleased.

Just off the phone with Grizzly, still expecting the shipment to arrive in PA today, had not arrived yet. So it looks like they are starting to land in the other warehouses.
    "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Proust

3. Quote Originally Posted by James Conrad View Post
    Just off the phone with Grizzly, still expecting the shipment to arrive in PA today, had not arrived yet. So it looks like they are starting to land in the other warehouses.
    James........I truly hope that this time around, you find everything up to par with your unit. If you do, I think you will be a happy camper! Not sure if there has been enough time for Grizzly to set new specs and get new machining for the tool rest, however. I just do not think there has been enough time to correct that issue yet.

Any ideas on how you will address that if yours is a bit too high? I suppose you have been keeping tabs on the thread about the rest.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

I’m a happy camper. Four days ago I was quoted the warehouse arrival date of July8th. Called CS this morning and the lathe is in. Just got back from Bellingham with my new lathe. The serial number is 10189.

The real fun begins tomorrow…….
    If it's not fun, you'er not doing it right.

5. Quote Originally Posted by gary arnold View Post
    I’m a happy camper. Four days ago I was quoted the warehouse arrival date of July8th. Called CS this morning and the lathe is in. Just got back from Bellingham with my new lathe. The serial number is 10189.

The real fun begins tomorrow…….
    Congrats Gary!

Congrats Gary! Kind of figured you great north west guy`s would get notified after I found out mine was coming from Bellingham.

Roger, just spoke with Grizzly about the tool rest situation. Managed to get the same gentleman you did and he said they had no more tool rests to ship out. However they are looking at a complete fix and would let me know ASAP.Thanks for all your valued input on this!
    I may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    James........I truly hope that this time around, you find everything up to par with your unit. If you do, I think you will be a happy camper! Not sure if there has been enough time for Grizzly to set new specs and get new machining for the tool rest, however. I just do not think there has been enough time to correct that issue yet.

Any ideas on how you will address that if yours is a bit too high? I suppose you have been keeping tabs on the thread about the rest.
    Thanks Roger, me too! I'll check back with them probably Monday, not sure I'll have time tomorrow. I doubt they will have new tool rests for another few months, I expect them to provide a proper one. The replacement one they have been shipping out is just as off as the stock one. I'll order some aftermarket curved rests once I have a ship date, I may weld some custom ones as well.

I'm sure this lathe will suit my needs just fine, as long as I get good one this go around!
    "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Proust

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dok Yager View Post
    Congrats Gary! Kind of figured you great north west guy`s would get notified after I found out mine was coming from Bellingham.

Roger, just spoke with Grizzly about the tool rest situation. Managed to get the same gentleman you did and he said they had no more tool rests to ship out. However they are looking at a complete fix and would let me know ASAP.Thanks for all your valued input on this!
    I am glad to hear you say they are looking at a complete fix on this, Dok...........now I am wondering what exactly that fix will be?! At least we got their attention, huh? Kudos to Grizzly for being responsive to their customers on this matter.....they usually are pretty good about their customer service!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    Kudos to Grizzly for being responsive to their customers on this matter.....they usually are pretty good about their customer service!
    +10 on this one.

Red
    RED

10. I went to Grizzly's website and clicked on lathes, then the g0766........there is a box now to enter your zip code. I entered mine and the display said the Missouri and Pennsylvania distribution centers are out of stock, but the Bellingham center has the G0766 in stock.

I do remember that those who have received emails from Grizzly state that backorders are filled first, so you that have ordered, but not yet received your lathes should be hearing something shortly, I would think.
    Last edited by Roger Chandler; 06-27-2015 at 2:45 PM.

This is my update from this morning.

Thank you for your email dated June 26, 2015.

Please note, your order will be filled with the next shipment that we are expecting. After reviewing your order, I have found that the G0766 is expected to arrive in our warehouse on approximately 7/10/2015. Once received, backorders are processed and shipped to arrive in approximately three to five business days. We do fill backorders first.

Mine will be here tomorrow between 1-5pm. Two things, First congrats James on getting yours replaced. Hopefully you won`t have any problems with it. Second, Roger the tech ay Grizzly told me they are looking at replacing the banjo or the the tool rest, just not sure which direction they will go with this. Hopefully it will be soon for all of us!
    I may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

Dok, good to hear. Glad your lathe is finally going to be delivered.

Red
    RED

14. Quote Originally Posted by Dok Yager View Post
    Mine will be here tomorrow between 1-5pm. Two things, First congrats James on getting yours replaced. Hopefully you won`t have any problems with it. Second, Roger the tech ay Grizzly told me they are looking at replacing the banjo or the the tool rest, just not sure which direction they will go with this. Hopefully it will be soon for all of us!
    Thanks Dok..........that is funny, and I hope you got the straight answer.......on the other thread someone mentioned they were saying their rest was within specs and they were not doing anything! They need get their story straight, and I hope they are responsive to a number of their customers on this toolrest!

Quote Originally Posted by Dok Yager View Post
    Thanks Dok, but Grizzly has yet to make good. I chewed them out today, they have another 24 hours to make things right with me then I'm done. So after tomorrow I'll be ordering from another company.

Congrats on on yours though, hope you enjoy it.