Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Third batch of G0766`s Shipping possibly this week!!

James I certainly hope they make it right with you and you can get your lathe ASAP.

Well Fed-EX Strikes out again!! They called and told me my lathe won`t be here until Thursday now. Oh and Ooops we are sorry it got "delayed" ie forgotten in the transfer from one truck to another. Atypical Fed-Ex what are you going to do.
    I may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dok Yager View Post
    James I certainly hope they make it right with you and you can get your lathe ASAP.

Well Fed-EX Strikes out again!! They called and told me my lathe won`t be here until Thursday now. Oh and Ooops we are sorry it got "delayed" ie forgotten in the transfer from one truck to another. Atypical Fed-Ex what are you going to do.
    I guess Fed-Ex is used to handling things that are smaller and weigh less most of the time, Dok! Sorry to hear about your delay, and I hope they get this to you by Thursday! Forgot to transfer from one truck to another.............hummm......hard to miss the 600 lb elephant in the truck, I would think!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    I guess Fed-Ex is used to handling things that are smaller and weigh less most of the time, Dok! Sorry to hear about your delay, and I hope they get this to you by Thursday! Forgot to transfer from one truck to another.............hummm......hard to miss the 600 lb elephant in the truck, I would think!
    Either that or they lost the entire truck!

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post

That's how it should be done!!!

The SIAI semi driver parked in the middle of the HWY in front our house.......under a blind hill. Got out and was on his Bluetooth the whole time. Stared at where the garage was and didn't know how to get the item over the gravel. (I had liftgate service) Wife was holding phone for 911 the whole time.....and there was no reason he couldn't have backed into our 1 acre long shared driveway. He is a Darwin just waiting for his glory. Lucky I wasn't home.....I would have made him move his truck and do it right.

6. Congrats Cary and Jeramie! Glad you got them in one piece, not withstanding the delivery service!

Congrats Cary and Jeramie! Glad to see you got yours. Mine came today as well! Fed-Ex driver drove down the block turned around and left I had to flag him down and he came back. This time he maneuvered right to my driveway and unloaded and in the Garage we went. So crate is in and Progress so far. Can`t wait to finish!!

GO766 005.jpg GO766 011.jpg

Congrats Dok. You will love it.

Red
    RED

OOOHHH - The excitement is growing at a fever pitch I really cannot wait to get mine in a few weeks. I will see if I can get our machine shop to remove the 3/4" length on the shaft, or I'll take it to a tool & die house down the road from work. I think I can fabricate a new tool rest from bar stock, and thread the shaft, and tap a hole in the rest similar to Oneway's. Time will tell if I need to do that.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mark Greenbaum View Post
    OOOHHH - The excitement is growing at a fever pitch I really cannot wait to get mine in a few weeks. I will see if I can get our machine shop to remove the 3/4" length on the shaft, or I'll take it to a tool & die house down the road from work. I think I can fabricate a new tool rest from bar stock, and thread the shaft, and tap a hole in the rest similar to Oneway's. Time will tell if I need to do that.
    Mark, you could probably get by just fine with an additional 5/8" off........that is only 1/8" less than the 3/4" I did to my rest, but frankly at this point........the easiest thing to do is probably to get an aftermarket rest like the Robust or BestWood tools round rest...........I just did mine to show what I believe should have been the proper stop point on the post of the rest, trying to help all the others who ordered this unit.

Roger, what is the total height of the robust rests you got measured from the top of the rest to bottom of the post?
    "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Proust

12. Quote Originally Posted by James Conrad View Post
    Roger, what is the total height of the robust rests you got measured from the top of the rest to bottom of the post?
    James.......the 15" comfort rest from Robust measures 7-3/8" total length, and the inside curve bowl rest is 7-1/4" total length. Both are considered the long post from Robust, and they both work really well on the G0766.

Did your replacement lathe arrive James?

Roger, Suppose to ship next week...
    "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Proust

Mine was shipped today from Springfield Mo. on UPS, I guess next week I will be making shavings.

I just home from a day of July 3rd festivities, and in my email box was a note from the TAW club secretary of a fellow selling everything due to moving to AZ. A Laguna 1642 lathe,a dn all the tool rests you could imaging as well as shapers, planers, dust collection systems at 30% retail. I called and it's all gone already. He had a whole set of the BestWoods reversible bowl rests as well as straights and t-bars all with 1x5.75" posts. Darned the luck. I would've bought it all and saved a bunch. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    Mark, you could probably get by just fine with an additional 5/8" off........that is only 1/8" less than the 3/4" I did to my rest, but frankly at this point........the easiest thing to do is probably to get an aftermarket rest like the Robust or BestWood tools round rest...........I just did mine to show what I believe should have been the proper stop point on the post of the rest, trying to help all the others who ordered this unit.