Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is 1/8" deep, 1/8" wide, 1/2" long and red?

With the new fingerprint, you can now get out of witness protection.

Glad you weren't hurt.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Dude-get it repaired.
    David
    Confidence: That feeling you get before fully understanding a situation (Anonymous)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    With the new fingerprint, you can now get out of witness protection.
    It might be a good idea to continue to wear the shades, though. Just don't wear the shades and wear a protective glove on the injured hand .. someone may think you're Michael Jackson.

I appreciate the reminder but hate that it happened to you. Don't send a pic, I have it in my head already. Feel better soon

No pictures. I was at Urgent Care for bronchitis today and they took a look at it. It's healing as it should.

One of the most miraculous gifts that woodworkers get is that most cuts heal and most skin grows back.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by John C Bush View Post
    Dx: Linear Erosive Erythemetous Lichen Planus--fortunately the Micro varient

Glad you're OK
    Not quite

How about open wound of finger (ICD9 883.0) and accidents caused by woodworking and forming machines (E919.4)? In reality, it would be coded as finger injury not otherwise specified (ICD9 959.5) and injury by other/unspecified cutting or piercing instruments or objects (E920.8/E920.9) as it takes too much time to look up the most specific codes and insurance doesn't really care as long as the diagnosis and E-codes justify the charges.

Fortunately the first diagnosis wasn't traumatic amputation of other finger(s) without mention of complication (E886.0). Be careful!

A true wood worker would have PIC's

i was involved in the Saltwater Aquarium Hobby for many years and one of our presenters had been stung by an Anemone. Rather than rushing to remove the barbs from his arm, he sought out the camera for PIC's first and then gave it medical attention. Dedicated to the core LOL

Glad is was such a narrow & shallow cut, could have been much worse.
    Steve Kinnaird
    Florida's Space Coast
    Have built things from wood for years, will finally have a shop setup by Sept. 2015 !! OK, maybe by February LOL ……

The physical wound will heal quickly but these kind of injuries could have a negative and lasting impact on your psyche, the sooner you get back to woodworking the sooner you will overcome your hesitation and fear of using that table saw again.
    Get well soon.

Heal up quick.

I do have a question though,was your guard on the saw?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    I am just trying to decide the best treatment plan - cauterize with a soldering iron or just take the edges down with a belt sander.
    You could "joint" it flat.... do you own a jointer? If not, perhaps a hand plane could make it smooth. if you like the groove, try some glue that is water activated so that the moisture from the wound will help it cure.

The physical wound will heal quickly but these kind of injuries could have a negative and lasting impact on your psyche, the sooner you get back to woodworking the sooner you will overcome your hesitation and fear of using that table saw again.
    Get well soon.
    They also have a positive impact. I had the exact dado in my finger, now when the little voice says " I'm not sure about this", I back off and make sure I do it properly ( woodworking only)
    Finger stays sensitive for a long time because of the missing meat.

Thanks for the sobering reminder, Brian.

And, a die grinder would be my choice...

They also have a positive impact. I had the exact dado in my finger, now when the little voice says " I'm not sure about this", I back off and make sure I do it properly ( woodworking only)
    Finger stays sensitive for a long time because of the missing meat.
    Wow I just found out you could quote a poster without his/her name!

Brian....I did the same thing with a dado blade & needed 7 stitches. You'd think I'd learn from the first time I did it but didn't. So after the second go round my wife was all for a SawStop table saw...Did that about 2 yrs ago & finger is still with no feeling on the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    I am just trying to decide the best treatment plan - cauterize with a soldering iron or just take the edges down with a belt sander.
    I think I take things like that too seriously, I don't joke about them like that and feel uncomfortable when I see others that do.