View Poll Results: Which one is your favorite?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heinz

53 56.99%
  • Simpy Heinz

11 11.83%
  • Del Monte

3 3.23%
  • Hunts

13 13.98%
  • Other

10 10.75%
  • None of the above you idiot - it's called Catsup!

6 6.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ketchup

Blog Entries
    Whatever is on sale. I can't tell the difference between any of them. I have an "untrained" pallet I suppose. I can't tell the difference between gourmet coffee and the Wal-mart brand either. I think of it as a blessing which saves me a LOT of money.
    I can tell the difference between a premium beer and cheap beer though. If I couldn't, I would have more tools!
    Last edited by Larry Browning; 06-25-2015 at 12:18 PM.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I've always thought ketchup was ketchup but we mostly have Heinz around the house. I'll have to look for and try the Simply Heinz one of these days.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

I use Woodstock because it is organic and certified non GMO. Flavor is quite good. No HFCS.
    Bracken's Pond Woodworks[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nobody puts ketchup on a hot dog. H Callahan

Sorry - the video in the link doesn't work
    Last edited by Pat Barry; 06-25-2015 at 4:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    @ George ( and everyone else)

Simply Heinz is my favorite since it uses sugar instead of HFCS.

Bingo.

If any of y'all have never tried this version, you should do yourself a favor.

You can taste the difference. No foolin'.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

near San Diego: unincorporated section of county
    Heinz 57 because I loved Sargent Gallant of the French Foreign Legion (my Dad was stationed in Casablanca when that show was on the air).

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    I've always thought ketchup was ketchup but we mostly have Heinz around the house. I'll have to look for and try the Simply Heinz one of these days.
    I can't say I notice a big difference, but I like Heinz, and that's what we've pretty much always bought (in #10 cans the last decade or so since I also make a killer BBQ sauce with Heinz ketchup as the main ingredient). I may have to try the Simply Heinz, just for grins.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    Nobody puts ketchup on a hot dog. H Callahan

Sorry - the video in the link doesn't work
    Depends on what else is going on the hot dog. I don't eat a lot of them, but for just a run-of-the-mill hotdog, I like ketchup, mustard and relish on mine.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Seems we always buy Heinz but the best ketchup I ever had was at macdonalds in Rome have no idea what brand it was but sure would like to get some.

Blog Entries
    YUK!! to all of them

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Roehl View Post
    Depends on what else is going on the hot dog. I don't eat a lot of them, but for just a run-of-the-mill hotdog, I like ketchup, mustard and relish on mine.
    Then you are definitely eating something.

But - it is not A Hot Dog. Which comes with mustard only, unless you want to add diced onions. Those are the only options for A Hot Dog. Ditto for A Bratwurst, in case you were wondering.
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

"None" should have been a question option choice. I cannot stand the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    Then you are definitely eating something.

But - it is not A Hot Dog. Which comes with mustard only, unless you want to add diced onions. Those are the only options for A Hot Dog. Ditto for A Bratwurst, in case you were wondering.
    Brats should be parboiled in beer, and then finished-off on the grill. Alternately, you can do it all on the grill if you know what you're doing.

They should be served with mustard and onions. Sauerkraut should be available for people so inclined.

I think the German Beer Purity Law goes into all of this.

I'm actually on my way home to enjoy some brats. Usingers this time around but we also get them from a couple of small butcher shops.

The stuff LOML makes, with or without curry in it either way. Yum!

Heinz.......didn't think there was much difference between brands....grew up using Heinz....I have a brother who lives in the USA and anytime I go to visit him his wife always asks me to bring down some Heinz because , like has been said here already, it's better than the Heinz in the States...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Thompson View Post
    "None" should have been a question option choice. I cannot stand the stuff.
    I agree 100%. I won't eat ketchup of any brand. I grill hot dogs and brats for a large group once a month and I just buy whatever ketchup is cheap. Nobody has ever commented positively or negatively about the ketchup.