Thread: Wedding Tractor

Blog Entries

Wedding Tractor

My niece is getting married next year and she asked me if I could make some wooden tractors as favors for the younger children that would be attending the reception. She will be marrying a young man that is a farmer and she felt the tractors would be appropriate. Here is the prototype tractor I came up with.

20150628_154524.jpg

I looked around the internet for Bar tread tires for the rear wheels and couldn't find any. So, I put on my thinking cap and figured out how to make my own. I have to make the left side separate from the right side for each tire because the herringbone patterns are reversed on the left and right side of the tire. I came up with a jig that is pretty simple and I can make two halves at a time.

Now all I have to do is get her approval and determine how many she is going to want.

Thanks for viewing.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Nice!

Is the post in the front an extension of the front wheel pivot point? If so, a small "wheel" type of piece may be added to the post to help steer and keep it from falling out...
    Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...

Blog Entries
    If you look closely at the exhaust stack there is a step just above the hood, where there is a sleeve that keeps it from falling out. I'm still debating wheter to make the front wheels steerable or fixed.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute