Thread: Is Mark Marzluf still active on any forums?

Blog Entries

Is Mark Marzluf still active on any forums?

Have an interest in a router jig he designed.
    images router jig.jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images

The last time he posted here was almost 8-1/2 years ago.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Jack I know the jig you are talking about/pictured. I remember way back when I tried to get/even purchase the plans or get one of those jigs from him. At that time he stated it was going to be published in a wood working magazine so he state until then he was keeping the plans exclusive for the magazine. I waited some time for the magazine to come out with the plans but it never happened. I did contact him again and he stated that he was not sure what he was going to do with the plans. I believe he said he was trying other magazines or something in the lines of finding a company to make them? I then tried again over about a year period and never did get any replies back so I gave up.
    That was some time ago so my memory could be off?

Anyone else try to get the plans from him or get a jig?
    If so I would love to sill get them.

Richard
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

A Google search of his name turned up what Looks like a blog which stopped around the same time as when he stopped posting here.

Quote Originally Posted by jack duren View Post
    Have an interest in a router jig he designed.
    images router jig.jpeg
    Here is his LinkedIn profile, you can contact him through it: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/mark-h-marzluf/5a/a83/8ab

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent Adams View Post
    Here is his LinkedIn profile, you can contact him through it: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/mark-h-marzluf/5a/a83/8ab
    I won't join to contact him. If I remember correctly he was disappointed by everything with a patent or something. Don't need the jig or could build it but want to be fair and ask to buy one first. I'm the same way with Bowclamp.

Keep an eye out for a Safety Speed Cut panel router. I bought one used for $350 and it has been a very useful tool for that kind of work, very accurate, much more so than it looks like it would be. I was pleasantly surprised.

Looking at the picture again that looks like it may be used to cut the bowl? If so, just ignore me. I'm on my first cup of coffee.........
    Last edited by Larry Edgerton; 07-03-2015 at 6:27 AM.