Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Birch Vanity

Birch Vanity

Just finished this up today. 2 long days to get it to this point. Still need to do the interior, but that's pretty easy, just some prefinished maple ply and a back. Going to be stained a dark brown.

Very nice job Leo. 'Gotta say - 2 days is pretty good going for what you have there (IMHO). Finished pics also please.
    Well done!
    Peter Widders
    Sydney, Australia

Hour wise it was about 2 1/2 days.

Looks fantastic. What is the finish going to be?
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Blog Entries
    Very nice. Be sure to show us the finished photos.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

That looks fantastic. I am also interested in seeing pics of it when stained/finished.

Two days is impressive.

Beautiful work, Leo!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Great work! Curious how you returned the "rope" trim where the vertical legs protrude from the cabinet face. It looks like a small and difficult detail to make it look so good.

Very nice. Ditto on the rope trim return question...well done.

Looking good. I have a bathroom re-model in the planning stages and the Mrs. wants a smaller vanity. Something like this would fit the bill nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by james glenn View Post
    Great work! Curious how you returned the "rope" trim where the vertical legs protrude from the cabinet face. It looks like a small and difficult detail to make it look so good.
    Very small mitered pc. Just kept cutting until it looked like it matched. Did the center pc first so it was the same on both sides and just continued around.
    Last edited by Leo Graywacz; 06-30-2015 at 7:58 PM.

Nicely done Leo! Please post finished photographs!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Nicely done! The rope trim looks so good I thought it was a rope clamp until I read James's post!
    Good thing I have an eye appointment next month..
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Got the finish on. I can't seem to get a good picture of it. Lighting in the shop makes it look glary and lack of contrast. It's a pretty dark stain so the camera has a hard time dealing with it. Using a flash doesn't help much because of the reactivity of the birch. Some parts light up while others stay dark. Going to have to see if I can get a picture outside. This is the best pic I've gotten and it's pretty bad. Looks way better in person, way better.

I think the picture looks pretty darn good, if it looks much better than that in person I'd be afraid to use it in a bathroom.

So what was the finish schedule?