Thread: "Design in Wood" Entry Level Curiosity

"Design in Wood" Entry Level Curiosity

I have not made it to the San Diego Fair in the last two years and can't make it this year either.

I love the Design in Wood exhibits. I would like to work towards entering some pieces in the exhibit but I really do not know what level of excellence is needed just to enter. (I am not looking at winning. For instance, I think Mike Jackovsky does a whole lot better turnings now than I will in my lifetime.)

I have found the awards pages and they are wonderful, but I was really hoping to see what the rest of the entires are like. Minimum standard, I would like to be average, or even below average without embarrassment.

Any thoughts (or photos)?

You can see the winners at the San Diego Fine Woodworkers Association website under "Design in Wood" "Photo Albums".
    Last edited by Brian Kent; 06-30-2015 at 6:05 PM.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Brain, just my .02 cents worth.......entering any grouping of objects is dependant on your willingios to receive rejection or criticism from others weather they are qualified or not and realizing that styles and highlights change over time........you will never be ready, just do it