Thread: 50W Chinese Laser -- Alignment Beam

50W Chinese Laser -- Alignment Beam

I have looked through the forum for my problem, but can't seem to find it. Apologies if this has been covered. I have found topics about aligning the C02 with mirrors, but not adjustment for the alignment beam.

The red alignment beam does not line up with the laser. In the photo, there is a dark spot where the laser fired, but the red alignment beam is to the right of the actual pulse. I am able to move the alignment beam up and down. I am also able to rotate it around the axis that it is attached to (this only changes the orientation -- the alignment is still off).
    I don't see a way to line these up. Has anyone else had this issue?
    Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

is the red dot diode attachec on the outside of the laser head. If so I'd say remover it and bend the holder a little till it lines up. Its not meant to be exact just to get you close.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

on mine, the red dot will move based on the focus height, so align it at your selected focus height
    redsail X700 clone 60 watt(model KH750B), joes hybrid cnc 4x8, woodmizer sawmill.
    camden,tn

On some chinese machines they use two red dots a bit like a bomb sight to judge focal height...it's no very accurate though due to the optical flaring caused by the beams
    You did what !