Thread: Spraying ML Campbell Augelente

Spraying ML Campbell Augelente

I'm trying to match the color and look of an existing vanity that I have (as well as some other cabinets in the house), and was hoping to use ML Cambell's Agualente. I picked up a can of their White Paint to give it a try and cannot seem to get it to spray well. The finish is just really thin and milky (I can't even tell that it is white). Any suggestions?

I am using the Earlex 5550 Spray station with a 2mm tip (wrong size?). I'll confess that I am fair new to spraying and might well be doing something incorrectly. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Jason

Are you sure you acquired pigmented Agualente? ML Campbell sells Agualente as a clear coat, and also sells it with the same name as a pigmented lacquer -- aka paint. The clearcoat looks pretty milky in the can -- kinda translucent. The paint will look like paint in the can -- opaque, and in your case, white.

Thanks for your reply. I double checked and yes it is the White. It looks white in the can (milky and opaque). But when it sprays it's very difficult to see the white... It's more translucent with hints of white.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Luttrell View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I double checked and yes it is the White. It looks white in the can (milky and opaque). But when it sprays it's very difficult to see the white... It's more translucent with hints of white.
    I haven't worked with Agualente pigmented waterborne, but I have worked with pigmented waterborne from another source. I've used white, black, and a mixing base that really is white. I would not call any of it "milky" or "translucent". The stuff is completely opaque, both in the can and on the workpiece. So I can't explain what you're seeing. Maybe take it back to the store and ask them to look at it?