Thread: Congratulations to the USA Women's Soccer Team

Congratulations to the USA Women's Soccer Team

They not only played a great game against Japan, but were outstanding throughout the tournament. Congratulations to all the team members. It was quite an accomplishment.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

It was definitely an awesome accomplishment. I think they went six straight games without being scored upon. By the time Japan broke that streak, they had already scored 4 goals. Amazing performances all around.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

For those of use hoping/expecting to win 1-0 in overtime, four goals in 16 minutes was, to coin a phrase, awesome!

Blog Entries
    A fun team to watch play. I think I saw all of their games and some of the other games. I would say I think the US team was the best of the teams I saw play.

It was a great tournament for Team USA. The announcers seemed to enjoy talking down at their ability to play. Of course the same talking heads were totally different after last nights victory.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 07-07-2015 at 10:59 AM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Awesome game and a well deserved world championship.
    Lori K

I watched every game, it was so exciting. The game against Japan was just awesome.
    Best Regards,

Gordon

Blog Entries
    I watched many of the games. The semi-finals & final I didn't get to watch (in Europe and the timezone was prohibitively late). Japan played a game of defense and attrition through the Tournament. Germany and the US were the best teams. Unfortunately the way FIFA created the brackets (non-draw unloke the men), they couldn't meet in the finals.

As always there were some very questionable calls...
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Not a big soccer fan, but I watched and enjoyed the games. Athletes at the peak of their game are just a joy to watch in any sport. Big congratulations on an awesome series.

Watched every USA game and went up to Vancouver for the finals and a visit to Lee Valley. Outstanding performance by the ladies!

+1 to all the above...

Not sure if anyone else caught this but the American team showed great class during one particular play I remember. It was almost at the end of regulation time and we were up by three goals. An American player got fouled in the Japanese corner, resulting in a corner kick for the US squad. Rather than kick the ball across the penalty box and potentially score again, the American player put the ball back into play with a soft kick to the side, where another American girl then kicked it out of bounds, thereby giving possession back to the Japanese for a throw-in. That was a very sportsmanlike move, I though. In fact, men's football could learn a lot by watching the sportsmanship of the ladies squads. Hardly any flopping or diving, no drama. Really classy play.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep