Thread: Knife block

Knife block

I saw a knife block/holder in one of those trendy stores that has a container for everything. It was a simple block with a mess of plastic "straws" about the size of spaghetti so you can shove one or ten knives in to the holder. I did a quick search and can't find the plastic portion (it's an insert that slides right out) anywhere. Anyone familiar with this and know where I can get it?

I don't know about plastic ones. If you don't find a source, I've seen that type of block filled with wooden sticks that are indistinguishable from bamboo skewers. My wife buys those locally for kebabs. (I assume from the grocery store, but maybe from a cooking store. Sorry, not sure.)

i've seen the ones that use bamboo skewers but not plastic skewers. bamboo skewers should be easy to find i've seen them in several different lengths.

A package of those is $1.99 for enough to fill a box about the size of a one pound box of spaghetti. I think I would need ten or more. If I found the pre made plastic I would guess that would match my costs and save me the fabrication. I'd rather put my time into a good looking outer shell out of a nice wood then spend it making the insert. I read a review which said the plastic was tough to clean so I don't think wood would be easier.