Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: More G0766's On The Way!

Thumbs up More G0766's On The Way!

My wife got a notification last Thursday (7/2) that our credit card had been charged for my new G0766. Didn't get the email from customer service until Sunday 7/5, saying my lathe had shipped from Springfield MO on Saturday 7/4. Should be here in Houston any day now! Can't wait!
    Don't let it bring you down,
    It's only castles burning,
    Just find someone who's turning,
    And you will come around

Neil Young (with a little bit of emphasis added by me)

Board member, Gulf Coast Woodturners Association

Awesome Walter. Sounds like they're finally catching up. Enjoy your new lathe.

Red
    RED

Great news!! The wait is almost over.

I am really curious how many will sell (and ship of course) in the first year.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

5. We had a member of our club order one last week........I don't think his is going to be delayed as the Grizzly website said they had them in stock in the Bellingham and Missouri distribution centers.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    I am really curious how many will sell (and ship of course) in the first year.
    I don't know how many actually will, Brian, but there has been a lot of interest in this new G0766! I can say this after having mine for just a little over a month now, and having done 4 projects so far.......this 0766 is a real performer!

I am really glad I got this lathe, even though my former G0698 was a great lathe as well.........I like the additional horsepower, the handwheel they added and the premium inverter, not to mention the big 22" swing on this monster....... The more I use it, the smoother it runs and as it has settled in, it has gotten even quieter than when I first turned it on.

No better value on the market for a large lathe that I have found!

Fantastic. Looking forward to one in the future.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

My replacement is scheduled for Monday delivery, came from MO. Funny, it was suppose to ship from PA, I was told last Tuesday the truck was in VA, had to stop in Baltimore then wiould arrive in PA. Guess that truck full of lathes is MIA.
    "The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." - Proust

I fired off an email to Grizzly Customer Service, asking if mine is still scheduled to arrive in the warehouse on July 10th, and that I have put a hold on delivery until the new address is confirmed. No answer, yet. It's been taking them a couple of days to reply to emails. I also asked if the 5.5" diameter chuck kit will be available as promised on August 7th. I play the guinea pig on that device, since no one has one yet.

Brian, I have to agree with Roger that this lathe is an excellent piece of equipment. I try to be honest when reviewing items and admit when something doesn't meet my expectations. The only issue I had with this lathe is the following....
    bolt holding motor came loose - I removed, put on threadlocker, and not a problem since
    speed control knob needed to be tightened down - I tightened and not a problem since

I realize non of us have had it for long but, so far, I simply can't imagine what else I would want or need in a lathe.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Scott Brandstetter View Post
    Brian, I have to agree with Roger that this lathe is an excellent piece of equipment. I try to be honest when reviewing items and admit when something doesn't meet my expectations. The only issue I had with this lathe is the following....
    bolt holding motor came loose - I removed, put on threadlocker, and not a problem since
    speed control knob needed to be tightened down - I tightened and not a problem since

I realize non of us have had it for long but, so far, I simply can't imagine what else I would want or need in a lathe.
    My only issue was that relatively small kerfluffle with the toolrest.........I fixed that to my liking of course, but I still am of the opinion that either the specs were off on this, or the factory got the height wrong somehow...........I am dissappointed in Grizzly saying it is within specs and they are not going to do anything about it.......at least that is the last report I heard on this forum.

At times I wonder why we get different answers from different CS reps..............I wonder if the matter is settled, for sure?

I just received word that my unit is in place to be shipped as per our agreement on July 24th. I fired back a reply as follows: (I hope this will help our cause, and future purchasers of this lathe.)

1) A few of the Sawmill Creek Woodworkers Forum members have received their lathes in damaged condition due to poor hold downs inside the crates, which caused paint damages and bed ways to be scuffed. Since you are going to have plenty of time to inspect my unit, I would greatly appreciate it if the crate and packaging are inspected and secured properly.

2) All of the members who have received their lathes have complained that the provided tool rest has a shaft that is too short to allow the proper bowl turning. Apparently the lowest the the tool rest can go is only 1/4" below center of the spindle, which does not allow for the use of larger bowl gouges. Many have had to either take the tool rest to a machine shop to have 3/4" more milled off the underside of the rest allowing the shaft to be proper length. Others have complained and been provided with an improper shorter tool rest from smaller Grizzly lathe models. Neither of these solutions is adequate or what I would deem appropriate for a customer who is purchasing what is presumed to be a properly designed wood working machine. I would hope my tool rest will be the required length to allow bowl turning. I have used Powermatic 3520B's and Jet 1642-EVS2 lathes and the tool rests on these have been properly designed to allow any type of lathe work one would wish to do. I hope this issue to present itself in my personal lathe.

All of this aside: I am very anxious to receive what should be a very fine and long lasting powerhouse of a lathe. It should allow me to proceed in my craft, and become a better woodturner. Thank you.

Congrats Walter! Mark I hope you get yours in good condition. Mine had very minor scuff marks on the legs and the tool rest is Still and issue. Other than that after Finally getting my dedicated 220v line and drop box wired she is singing sweetly. First piece I have attempted is a 20" tazmanian blackwood platter.

TAZMANIAN PLATTTER 001.jpg
    I may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

14. Nice platter Dok! Where did you pick up tazmanian blackwood?

Just ordered mine today they already ran my credit card