Thread: Garcia Tribute With a Twist!

Garcia Tribute With a Twist!

I finished this one today. It was built for a friend who is a Jerry Garcia fan. He also is a Bernese Mountain Dog lover and I wanted to do something special on this one as he lost two of his dogs recently. I went off of pictures I found on his FB page for the body and head stock inlays.
    He's a strat lover so his only request was 3 single coils, and I had free license on the rest, so I did a Quilted Maple Drop-Top over Northern Ash.

Very nice. Love the treatment of the dogs ,really artful.

Thanks, Mel. I hope he likes it as he hasn't seen it yet.

Love it.!!!! Awesome work and nice touches on the inlay.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Thanks, Dennis! Now finish that strat

That's sweet, Mike!

Blog Entries
    Pretty cool! The inlay is very imaginative!
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Beautiful work, Mike! I'm sure the new owner loves it! Did you design the horns based on dog's ears or am I just imagining that?
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Moriarty View Post
    Beautiful work, Mike! I'm sure the new owner loves it! Did you design the horns based on dog's ears or am I just imagining that?
    It's based on Jerry Garcia's custom guitars that Doug Irwin made for him. The first one he made for him actually, if I remember correctly. Some later ones had pointier horns if I recall correctly. Personally not my favorite design, but Mike did a fine job as usual.