Thread: Light surface sanding/marring machine

Light surface sanding/marring machine

Hey guys,
    I've got a big job come in that's requiring me to print on melamine. The issue with this is that my UV printer doesn't have very good adhesion to such without me sanding the surface. I'm wondering if there is a contraption that just lightly sands surfaces that's relatively automated. I have thousands of the little widgets, that are anywhere from 6"x6" to 12"x12".
    You guys have any ideas on how to do these without doing them by hand?
    Thanks,
    Dexter

When I had the sign shop, I used Frog Juice for several materials, as a (clear) primer as well as a topcoat. I never tried it on melamine, but you could email/call
    Butch Anton (Superfrog) and ask. Most sign supplies have it. I have called him on the phone before (in Minnesota), and he was always helpful.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

I think I would be looking for something that could be wiped on --a version of Liquid Sandpaper. Maybe something like this.

Jasco Easy Liquid Sander Deglosser
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7