Thread: 2 hall tables

2 hall tables

Both are floating tops and approx 50 inches long. First is walnut the second is Black Limba. Both tops are gorgeous, but the black limba has everything we woodies love. Spalt, holes, curly, chatoyance, etc. folks heads spin when they see this! Hope ya'll enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Wow!!! Superb! Great work and that Black Limba is out standing!

You are right. That Limba got my limbo wood working DNA a hoppin' !

Beautiful! Did you design as well?

Cheers,
    Chris C.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra

Blog Entries
    Beautiful!
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Well done. I like the detail of the center dowelled support. Out of curiosity, how thick is the walnut table top, and is it 3 laminated layers?

chris Yes thanks for commenting
    phil: not sure what you mean by laminating..the top is approx 13/16 to 7/8 thick..2 boards side by side..
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

That black limba is awesome. Nice work.

Both are beautiful.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Very nice!

On the walnut topper are your cross members of purpleheart? My dining room table top is mostly limba, wrapped in purpleheart with a purpleheart base.

I guess I'm just seeing the grain variation in the walnut. The side appears to have a center of darker wood sandwiched by lighter wood. Beautiful wood on both tables.

I love both tables. Nice job!!! The Black Limba is quite striking. Nice choice!!!

Two really nice tables! I like the Walnut table and the way you selected the grain on the lower stretcher so that the grain curves to follow the curve on the top stretcher, ties the table together. What is the finish?
    Bill

" You are a square peg in a square hole, and we need to twist you to make you fit. " My boss

danish & poly

Blog Entries
    Michelle,
    You do nice work!