Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Prime Customers 24 hour Sale Starts Tonight at Midnight

Amazon Prime Customers 24 hour Sale Starts Tonight at Midnight

Wonder what tools will be on sale?

I'm not a Prime Member so I will be interested to see what everyone gets.
    I have my eye on some things at Walmart.com. But they don't do tools like Amazon.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    I thought 3AM Eastern?

It would be midnight on the left coast when it starts, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    I'm not a Prime Member so I will be interested to see what everyone gets.
    You can sign up for a free 30 day Prime trial membership to get in on the sale.
    Gerry

JointCAM

Blog Entries
    For those that are thinking about becoming amazon prime members, We really like it. Highly recommend it.

We use amazon for a lot of things.

PHM

Blog Entries
    I clicked and clicked and could never get it to tell me what it costs to actually become an Amazon Prime member. It only would direct me to the 30 day free trial. It seemed very scammy, so I diddn't do it. If you can't just say, "Here is how much it will cost..." then I am suspicious.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    I clicked and clicked and could never get it to tell me what it costs to actually become an Amazon Prime member. It only would direct me to the 30 day free trial. It seemed very scammy, so I diddn't do it. If you can't just say, "Here is how much it will cost..." then I am suspicious.
    Hi Malcolm,

If I remember correctly, an amazon prime membership is about $60 to $70 per year. We figured we can save that much on shipping only which I'm sure we have.

PHM

EDIT - I just looked it up, it's $100 per year. It may have been less when we originally became members.
    Last edited by Paul McGaha; 07-14-2015 at 11:36 PM.

$99 year. It went up some time back.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Malcolm,

As they said the cost of a Prime membership is $99 but....it includes free 2 day shipping and other benefits. My wife found this out just recently and there are a lot of online retailers that will miss her business because she found that out.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

The other nice part of Prime is it includes streaming services for a number of movies and TV shows. Not that anyone here has the time to watch anything.

Not sure if the free shipping applies to the Virgin Islands though - you'd want to triple check that!

Here is a link to an article that provides some idea of what will be on sale.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=35501580&nid...rime-day-sales

Blog Entries
    Today I see they added fine print telling you that it's $99. The problem is their free shipping rarely counts to the VI, so I don't stand to save my $100 back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Malcolm,

As they said the cost of a Prime membership is $99 but....it includes free 2 day shipping and other benefits. My wife found this out just recently and there are a lot of online retailers that will miss her business because she found that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Blatter View Post
    The other nice part of Prime is it includes streaming services for a number of movies and TV shows. Not that anyone here has the time to watch anything.
    Mark - I got nuttin but time on my [one good] hand. A pretty good service, actually.

The 2-day free shipping is very seductive - easy to point and click. And $99 is < $2 per week.

Here is the "save the planet" example of the Law of Unintended COnsequences: With Prime, I get what I need, and it is, all in, less costly than driving to a place to get it. Plus - no carbon emissions on the vehicle, and no time invested on my part.

But - the corrugated manufacturers love it, and the volume of waste from packaging, goes through the roof. I understand the recycling bit on the cardboard, but the fact of the matter - per summit I just read in NYT or WaPost - is that there is an overabundance of cardboard recyclables, the prices are dirt cheap, China's was the big consumer, but their economy is slowing down, demand is waaaaay down......so the recycle thing is not paying off.........
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.