Thread: Heirloom Toolbox

Heirloom Toolbox

Everyone,

I am on the search for some Heirloom toolbox plans or pics. Nothing too big, something smaller actually. Can be of any type....

I have not decided on whether it will be a small chest, a portable tool box with lid or the older open style with the dowel handle...
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Jeff, if you can get ahold of "The Toolbox Book" from Taunton Press there are a couple of great looking tool totes in it.
    No measurements or plans but some good motivation.
    They have been on my "things to build in my spare time" list for a long time.

Richard

Hello Jeff.

I am sure you can build a very fine toolbox. However, you cannot build an heirloom toolbox, as an item does not become an heirloom until it has been passed on to a younger generation. Only when that has occurred will you become the builder of an heirloom toolbox.

Hope this helps,
    Frank

Pssst! How is the SUPER SECRET project progressing?

Jeff,

There is a tool chest in ShopNotes issue 49 that is on my 'Want to build one day' list. I've tried to post a small pic from their web site. Unfortunately, that issue is no longer available. I can probably find mine, copy a few pages and send if you don't have it and are interested.

http://store.yahoo.com/backissuesstore/sn049.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jeff,
    I would highly recommend Building the Perfect Toolbox by Jim Stark. I was fortunate enough to find this little gem in the local library, but have also seen it on Amazon. I have used it a couple of times and been very happy with the results. Offers a wide varity of different options.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Seaman
    Jeff,

There is a tool chest in ShopNotes issue 49 that is on my 'Want to build one day' list. I've tried to post a small pic from their web site. Unfortunately, that issue is no longer available. I can probably find mine, copy a few pages and send if you don't have it and are interested.
    Here is my version of the tool box Tom was talking about that I built for my son about 2 years ago.

Last edited by David Duke; 08-16-2005 at 3:10 PM. Reason: Picture adjustment
    David

Quote Originally Posted by David Duke
    Here is my version of the tool box Tom was talking about that I built for my son about 2 years ago.
    David, that is beautiful!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

David, that is magnificent. I have that issue of Shopnotes on my bulletin board in the shop and I intend to build one on those. Very nice job- an heirloom!!!!
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.